"I know. That's what I don't like." I replied to which she nodded. She kissed my chest and looked at me again.

"When you were sleeping, I called Alex. He said that Laura was out of danger and that she'll survive, but she'll need some time. I've sent a few men in search of Anthony. They said they got a location and will hit the jackpot soon. Evan and Zach are at my house. They wanted to inform you that they are searching for Adam. They may have found out one of his close partners. He can tell us a few inside informations if handled in the right way." She said and nuzzled into me. I sighed. We had a lot to do.

"How are you feeling, except sour?" I asked cheekily. She slapped my chest playfully, giving me a mock glare.

"I feel okay. It's a lot to take in and I remember her saying babies...not baby. I want to know what she meant by that. Do I have a twin or something? If yes, then where is he or she?"

"I'm always here for you." I said, kissing her forehead. She sighed in content and nodded.

"I know. And I'm here for you." She replied and I flipped her.

"What are you doing?" She asked breathless. I smirked.

"Showing you that I mean it." I said and kissed her again. And nevertheless we both were satisfied.

"I'm gonna call Evan and tell him to stay at your house." I said as I wore a shirt and jeans. She glanced in my direction and nodded. She was wearing one of her skinny jeans and a full sleeve cream colored top.

I had called Zach a few hours ago and asked him to buy some clothes for Lily and bring them here. He had left them on the doorstep. Lily was a bit embarrassed when she found out that Zach had bought ALL the clothes, but thanked him anyway. She tied her hair up in a ponytail and nodded at me. We both got ready and left. The whole way to her house, I held her hand in mine while she squeezed it from time to time. We reached her house where all the guards nodded respectfully at her while others smiled politely. She nodded back and held my hand tightly.

As soon as we entered, Evan stood up and walked towards us.

"How are you today?" He said seriously but then wiggled his brows while glancing between us.

I groaned while Lily chuckled as she shook her head.

"Better now. You should've joined." She said and left us, both our jaws almost hitting the ground. She turned back and winked as she left the hall.

"Yup. No doubt she's made for handling your sorry ass." Evan said while I shook my head in amusement and followed in the direction where she left us.

"She's getting better now that she got her injuries checked. She's a bit scared but she tries not to show that on her face." Alex said as he continued updating her. She looked tensed, but as soon as I hugged from behind, she relaxed, a little.

"Fifty bucks asshole!!!" Suddenly Evan yelled almost getting in Alex's face. Alex grumbled.

"What's going on guys?" Lily asked the question that was on the tip of my tongue.

"We both made a bet yesterday of you doing the deed. He said you won't do it this soon, but I disagreed. So...I WIN!!!" Evan said fist pumping in the air. Alex glanced between us. I nodded as I realised what he wanted to know while Lily blushed. Alex rolled his eyes, but gave him the money.

"Seriously boys!!! We need to work. Let's go." Lily said as she held my hand and led the way. Alex had already told her where Laura was, so she went straight to her room, which was a guestroom turned into a hospital room with some machines to keep a check on her health. As soon as we entered we saw how she was coping with her wounds.

Her ankles and wrists were bandaged and so was her left thigh. Her face was sporting black and blue bruises. Her hair was tied up so they don't get stuck to her body, but they were combed well, maybe the nurse did that. She was a wearing a baggy shirt which looked soft and it was long enough to cover her. The nurse was taking good care of her.

"How is she?" Lily asked, her voice void of any emotion.

The nurse looked down to her file and then glanced back up at Lily.

"She's actually doing great with all the medicines and IV. She'll wake up soon." She said and continued her job.

"As soon as she wakes up, inform us." Lily said to which the nurse nodded. We all left the room.

"What are you gonna do with her now?" Evan asked as we made our way towards what I assumed was the kitchen. Alex looked back and forth between him and Lily than focussed on Lily. She sighed and sat on a barstool as soon as we entered the kitchen. We all followed, me sitting beside her while Evan sat in front of us. Alex went towards the fridge and opened it, searching for something to eat. He pulled beer cans out and passed one to me and other to Evan. He passed a granola bar to Lily which she accepted and tore into. She ate a few bites and than spoke.

"Now we wait."

...

Hey lovelies!!! How are you all? I hope you all are having a great time. It took me ages to update but I finally did. I'm happy for that. Hope you all are too.

Now what do you think about this chapter. Tell me your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to vote and share the story.

Last but not the least...

Loads of Love...&...

Treat People With Kindness ✌

-R

...