eight: take a chance

"He's not fucking here!" Hoseok burst out to the boy he pulled to the corner.

"I know, I know. Let me just te—" Taehyung started but got cut off.

"God, I knew it was a terrible idea putting him on the team."

"Wait, no, Hoseok! Maybe he just forgot!"

"Forgot my ass. It's been the talk of week, there's no way he didn't hear that he made it on the dance club list," Hoseok said, followed by a heavy sigh. "Whatever, I'll let it slide for today. But if he misses two more meetings, he's out."

The brunet groaned and pulled out his phone. He felt annoyed that he somehow took on the responsibility of taking care of a brat who couldn't give two flying fucks about others.

little piece of shit
text message
today 4:11 pm

JEON JEONGGUK

Where the fuck are you?!?

I JUST SAW YOU FUCKING
TYPING REPLY YOU COWARD

ISTG ILL POST
PHOTOSHOPPED PICS OF U
SHOWING OFF UR PERKY ASS

What the fuck do you want?

UMMM HELLO?

Dance club!1!1!!!1!

???

I literally screamed you made it
in the other day you dimwit

Today's the first meeting

You're supposed to be here!!!!

I only agreed to audition, never
said I'd join

...

You know what

Fine

I don't fucking care anymore

I'm tired of your bullshit

Do whatever.
delivered

Taehyung locked his phone, then forced it into his pocket. He walked over to a bench and took his usual seat whenever he felt like auditing. The brunet couldn't focus as much on what they were doing today as he was quite pissed. He was just so tired of Jeongguk putting up this act of not caring. Even he himself gave into it when he began doing art, a calming hobby he's now considering as a career option. But if Jeongguk wasn't willing to budge even a little bit, there was nothing Taehyung could do about it.

•—•—•

After a quick game of basketball with the boys, a slightly sweaty Jeongguk entered his home to find that his dad had not yet returned from work. He released a sigh of relief— his father hates it when people sigh. The boy began making his way to the family lounge as usual to find his mother there, staring intensely at a drama. The red-head walked over and took a seat beside her.

"Oh, Gukkie, you're back. How was your day?"

"Good."

The same questions again with the same answer. Jeongguk didn't like that their conversation seemed so rehearsed.

"So, umm, I got into the dance club today, the dance team, or whatever they call it."

Mrs. Jeon's gaze immediately left the drama she was focusing so hard on to look at her son.