Chapter 34 - Falling Feathers

You know what's weird?

When I make books I put my soul into them.

So here, have a bit of my soul and judge it.

Also, The romance of the book'll come later. First, we need the innocent angel out of the cage. Don't you agree?

Also also, warning. Rated M for Mature. Cause no little kid needs to read this suggestiveness. It's not even a cute kind if suggestiveness.

•••••

The guards had smashed Fall face first to the wall.

Pluck. Pluck. And now they were plucking her feathers which held the stars.

Pluck. It hurt and Fall let tears fall down her face, but she wouldn't scream. No, she just wouldn't.

When Thor returned from Asgard he quickly sought out his brother, knowing quite well that Lady Fall had caught his brother's fancy and that something in that prison had changed him.

Pluck. He didn't know that destruction was coming to the universe because a few guards decided to pluck Fall's wings.

Pluck. No one knew that the delicate stars could die and millions of species be destroyed

Pluck pluck. Fall moved her hand that wasn't pinned by a guard's massive arm and picked up plucked a feather with two stars distinctly on it, clutching it tightly and clenching her eyes closed as more feathers fell to the floor without a sound, their tips covered in red like red ink on a writing quill, ready to write the fate of the downfall of the Universe if this kept up.

Pluck. One feather was harder to pull, but the guard yanked it off anyway, a tremor sending through Asgard as the Universe shook.

The guard paused and shrugged, yanking another and causing Asgard to shake a little more violently as the bloodied plumage was yanked out.

"I told you you shouldn't pluck them!" Fall yelled at him, a guard shoving her face to the wall she was being held to.

"We do what we want." The guard replied, walking over to the other dark blue starry wing and plucking feathers from there, sending tremors through the Universe, a little worse each time.

Pluck. The blood dripped down off her feathers onto the floor, dripping at a steady pace with the plucking.

Drip. Pluck. Drip. It wasn't going to help as the blood started to pool slowly, only a few feathers out of millions plucked, yet stars started to flicker and some fade on the disembodied feathers, detached from the living, breathing, exhausted angel, who's wings were beginning to droop in the hands of the two guards who held them still and stiff.

Pluck. Drip. Pluck. A massive tremor sent out across the Universe, Earth shaking as the Avengers were forced into a shaky portal to Asgard, only Tony, Thor, and Loki landing on their feet on the other side.

Drip. The guard had stopped to admire the feathers he had plucked, leaving Fall's legs to give out as he waved a hand and the other guards dropped her on the floor.

They filed out and closed the door, locking it behind themselves, leaving Fall to curl up and hum a song she had learned from the Queen in a corner as another tremor shook Asgard, causing a golden pillar to hit another and break somewhere outside. Fall knew that stars were dying out there, tons of them, because some guards had wanted to pluck her feathers. How could Odin not notice the corruption beneath his own nose!?

Fall hummed more to herself, faintly realizing she was surrounded by blood. She was only there for one night and it was now evening so far, but she had already been whipped, her feathers plucked, and driven to an edge of insanity.

When she was with Loki he had been whipped and worse, having been there for who knows how long. Fall missed him. As soon as she saw him she vowed to hug him. If she saw him again. She scolded herself for thinking like that.

A guard walked in and tied something to her neck. She had no energy to walk or fight, and sleeping seemed welcoming right now, but he also tied her hands together and shoved a gag in her mouth before dragging her by the collar around her neck to the door, saying something that wasn't registering in Fray's mind.

She heard laughing as she was dragged helplessly up some stairs, something faintly registering in her mind. She didn't want to go up these stairs to the bedroom lying in wait for the next victim.

Squirming and thrashing with fear, she managed to spit the gag out, hoarsely screaming and tearing up her throat, trying to get someone to hear her and help her. She didn't want to go. Why can't she leave? What did she ever do?! Millions of girls had thought that before on the same steps, yet none of them were answered.

Thor led the Avengers quickly to the bowels of the castle, leading them past millions of tired or angry prisoners of war or such to the familiar glass that Loki had stayed in for so long. A guard was mopping up her blood inside, trying to make sure that the son of Odin didn't see the red. Yet both Loki and Thor saw it. Loki shivered, yet not because of the cold. Because of the memory of the horrid and corrupted place, desperately hoping that was not his angel's blood.

"Where is the angel?" Thor demanded, gripping the nearest guard by the front of his armor.

"Calm down Odin son. She was released a while ago." The Guard says, his eyes darting towards the door to the staircase. Loki's eyes widened and anger filled him, hatred for the prison and everything, the corruption, and the men who had obviously hurt him, and now his angel.

Pushing past Thor he blasted the door to bits and ran up the stairs, the guard being knocked out and the Avengers following as he blasted open the door at the top of the winding stairs and into the small bedroom, an all too familiar guard whipping around an smiling at Loki.

The man was hit by Thor's hammer and Loki rushed to the large king sized tattered bed, untying Fall from the headrest and her feet from the posters.

Pure happiness surged through Fall as she sat up and hugged Loki, black spots clouding her vision and quickly disappearing. Loki squeezed her back as warm tears landed on his shoulder.

"Don't you dare leave my side again." Loki whispered to her, his cold breath on her ear.

"I don't want to." Fall said, hugging him tighter as he picked her up off the bed.