Chapter 47 - Away

FUCK WAITING IF YOU MAKE YOURSELF CRY WRITING RIGHT?! :D

-----

Fall had been gone too long for Loki. His foot tapped under the table. She could take care of herself, he knew she could. But he really didn't trust him. That guy that was talking with Fall.

Maybe he was just being jealous. Or paranoid. He had every right to be. Loki was Fall's boyfriend, and every boyfriend has that right, but also she had been imprisoned, almost raped, had jumped off into a giant hole, and her memory wiped and she was taken away from him. That kinda added to the paranoia he felt when they were separated, even if they were shopping or something.

The brute guy she had talked to waddled over to the door and just sort of stood there. No one else seemed to notice him, and Loki glanced around.

"Loki, don't make eye contact with him." Natasha said with a smile. Loki nodded and forced on some sort of smile, enough for one to look over and think they were simply swapping gossip or something. The brute guy didn't move from the door.

At one point in time, a friend standing at a door would be fine. Waiting for his friends down the street or something. But when he looked like a wrestler and was keeping an eye on the Avengers, that raised awareness amongst the assembled.

Why was it the angel constantly captured anyways? Did they think 'oh she's a girl that dresses in white and only has big.... wings? We'll just capture her?' What was the deal with it?!

Fall sure as hell wasn't going to just 'be captured'. She had had enough of this being a hostage and treated like shit. The device in her chest hurt like hell, and she felt herself turn invisible, a cold rush flowing through her and easing the pain in her chest as she struggled to her feet. "Asshole." She breathed, looking Dev right in the eyes and readying her fists, letting a punch across his face before being hit back by an invisible wall into the street, sending her sliding and scraping across the rough mortar.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The small Zig advised, his hand out.

Dev held his nose. "Damn the father!" He cursed as a black substance, impure angel blood, dripped down his fingers.

"Watch your mouth you filthy rag!" Fall yelled at him, scratching at the silver circle now lodged and locked in her chest, blood blooming from scratches on her face where she met the street and glass, getting wobblily to her feet and narrowly rolling out of the way of a taxi that rammed into the back of a blue Sedan, an uncomfortable crunch of metal sounding behind her.

"Why should I? The father has abandoned us! You should know, you were his prized pet. Weren't you supposed to take your place as ruler above?!" Dev yelled at her, venom in his words.

"I.... I wasn't ready for that! My sister was better qualified for it! I am no ruler!" Fall yelled at him, picking up a rim that rolled over to her and spun in a circle with it, launching it at Dev when it only bounced back, the Avengers running out of the Starbucks at the chaotic sounds outside.

"That's the thing! You are the most qualified, you are a ruler. Now I just need you out of my way!" Dev said back, laughing and taking off into flight, his 'friends' all changing clothes as the Avengers were suddenly under attack by Frank, a very fast pink blur, and the telekinetic Zig bombarding them.

Black dots filled Fall's vision and she fell to a knee, her head buzzing. She braced herself, out of the way of the chaotic crashing traffic, with one hand on the asphalt and the other fruitlessly clawing at the metal circle in her chest. She could feel it doing something to her.

Her wings refused to work. She couldn't turn visible. She couldn't breathe right. Her friends, her team, was being attacked, the iron suit and metal shield coming in from the sky.

Items she had once hated seeing because they caused Loki pain, she now silently rejoiced at seeing as her vision blurred, because now they meant he wouldn't be in pain when he had his friends to fight beside him.