Chapter 18 Breakfast

Fall awoke to a stray ray of light shining on her face. She turned slightly away from the glare, and heard a murmur of protest as she slid out of bed. She felt healed, she felt pure. There was something about this love she felt that made every ache or pain slip away

Loki was still asleep, and Fall let out a sigh of relief that she did not wake him. She went and put on her hat, and then headed out.

What time is it? She thought, walking out into the hallway and stretching her wings as she headed towards the food court. I must have slept all night with him. Oh goodness, even in my head that sounds wrong. She shook her head, still drowsy from a good night's rest.

"Morning, Fall." Natasha said to the floating hat, actually in her PJs as she joined Fall in her walk down the hallway.

"Morning." Fall mumbled back, rubbing her eye with her hand, trying to wipe away the part of her that wanted to go back to bed. She pat herself for her notebook in habit. No luck, she'd have to find some way to speak with everyone.

"I didn't see you go towards your room last night, where did you sleep?" Natasha asked, walking into the 'cafeteria' of the ship with Fall.

"Huh? Oh, I didn't sleep in my bed...." She trailed off, wondering what else to say. Nothing actually reached Natasha, so there was just an awkward moment of walking to breakfast.

"I would imagine she found a cloud nine somewhere and fell asleep." Bruce commented, joining the two girls in the breakfast line, dressed in a lab coat. They gave Fall space, and the hat cued in anyone around that the spot in line was taken.

"Well, I know where she went." Clint added over his shoulder, two people ahead of the group, wearing a loose T-shirt and pants.

"Hey, don't bother the girl about where she went to bed last night." Steve scolded, getting in line in front of Fall, giving her general direction an apologetic smile in his white pajama shorts and tee.

"Thank you, Steve." Fall said, wiping away the last bit of morning drowsiness to grab sausage, bacon, and pancakes. The breakfast buffet was something she had always enjoyed, visible or invisible. This time she didn't have to sneak any food.

"I won't let any man mistreat a lady." Steve said, putting a muffin on her tray. "Try this, it's double chocolate."

Fall smiled, definitely going to enjoy the muffin. Steve lead the way to the meeting room. Inside were the Avengers, while not fully assembled, still gathered and sat together like some sort of family.

"Wow, only six and we're almost all up." Fall commented, glancing the time on the retro wall clock.

"Wow, almost everyone's up. That's standard procedure for most of the agents, but I never thought I would see the rest of you." Natasha echoed, stretching out with a chair.

"Hey, why can't we see Fall by the way?" Steve asked, taking his seat.

Fall felt a slight change of temperature and suddenly changed, very visible. Everyone in room was very surprised. "Well. I guess I can just...control this now." Fall muttered in disbelief.

"Go invisible again." Bruce said through a wad of bacon.

"Sure thing." Fall looked around, then crossed her arms, a feeling like a cold liquid pulsed through her veins.

"Good job." Natasha commented.

"Yes, and I can talk now too. Doing this gives me a headache, but when I get use to switching.... I bet I can turn someone else invisible along with me." Fall said, giving a smile as warmth ran back through her and she became visible once again.

Fall felt like she could have always done this, maybe she always could. Maybe she had forgotten it, when she changed from big important angel to a common guardian.

"I can think of a few reasons that I would want to use that." Tony said, walking in and juggling an orange between his hands.

"So can I, but I do not think fighting invisible would be very noble." Thor added.

"You and I would use it as much for fighting as Tony would for just plain messing around and screwing things up." Clint commented, taking a bite of his very odd breakfast, which looked like an elephant's leg was cut into pieces and slapped onto a plate.

"Well, I think when I get to turning someone else invisible, Natasha and Loki would get first pick." Fall said, giving a smirk.

"Hah, my brother would like that! Since his staff was taken away, he hasn't been able to disappear like he usually would." Thor approved, starting on his plate piled high with pop tarts. He seemed to have an affinity for them.

"Well, speaking of Loki, he's disappeared now." Tony said, taking a bite of his orange.

Clint cleared his throat, and tried to keep a straight face and not laugh. "I bet Fall knows where he is." He commented teasingly.

"I do, he's right behind you." Fall crossed her arms, giving Clint narrowed eyes while leaning back in her chair.

"What did I miss?" Loki asked, sitting down in his shock-uniform and cape. He gave Clint some side-eye since Fall was.

"Fall thinks she can turn someone else invisible if she tries. " Natasha informed Loki.

"That will be useful." Loki comments, looking at his food questioningly. "And what is this? They said it was a breakfast roll."

Fall rolled her eyes, the cinnamon roll's glaze sticking to his fingers as he tried to find out how to eat it. He tried grabbing it like a crab at first, then trying to stab a fork in it. Everyone down the table laughed, Fall giving a small grin at the silly attempts instead of joining them.

"Just grab it and eat it Loki. I'll go grab napkins." Fall said finally, standing up and leaving the room filled with laughter, and the assembled Avengers.