Chapter 12 Memories

"Loki, Loki!" Fall cried, dodging glass and chairs as they where flung around in the tiny asgardian cell. Loki stopped screaming, his voice hoarse, and slid down the wall into a sitting position. His eyes were red and wet, empty and pleading.

"Loki, please calm down. You are not alone, you are not alone...." Fall tried to tell him, her blue square following her as she sat down by him, but she did not need to face the screen to know what was flashing at her.

Miracles: 0
Status: -
Health: Medium
Moral: ERROR ERROR

Fall cried and shook her head, unsure of what she could do. Her hands moved to his now, squeezing, though he felt nothing.

"Loki, please don't be mad. Please don't be angry. Don't feel alone! I'm here!" Fall begged, sitting in front of Loki. "You are not a failure. Your mother loves you, and your brother too, and even Odin. Please, just don't give up...!"

She checked the pad, eyes blurry, hoping for any sign that said she was not just talking to herself. The angel searched for any sign that Loki would be okay. To her dismay, the blue screen still flashed:

Moral: ERROR ERROR

Fall felt the flood of warm tears as they fell down her face, looking to Loki, the only person she ever wanted to ever be happy. Her Loki, who she knew she would protect and be there for until the end of all things.

"Please, Loki! Don't look that way!" Fall begged with a trembling voice, wrapping her arms around him and hugging Loki. "You are not alone! I'm here, I have you. Your plans are crazy, but so intricate and amazing! You are the Trickster! You have to promise me you won't give up!" She told him, tightening her hug letting her tears fall. Her fudge-brown eyes looked into his blue eyes, the light in the room making them shine. There was a noise behind her.

Moral: 1^
'Beep.'

Moral: 10^
'Beep' it went again.

Moral: 11^

"Loki, you are not alone. I'm here for you, you know that." Fall spoke in relief, getting her coat wet with tears as she sat there, hugging him, just trying to make him see she was there too. She would always be there for him. His tears were hers. He would get up again.

Suddenly the beeping became obnoxious and frantic, louder and louder.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Fall jerked awake from the nightmare, looking around the dim cargo bay of the jet. Her pulse pounded to the noise, and Runt was running around in fright.

'BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!' The sound steadily rose, and Fall jumped to her feet, running to the cockpit of the jet. Both pilots, their faces hidden on the controls, were dead, the blood spilling off the console and onto the floor as a red dot flashed towards them on the radar.

Fall ran away quickly, tripping and tossing off her shoes. "RUNT!" Fall yelled, grabbing her frightened pet and snatching him up before the explosion echoed from outside.

The sound of metal being ripped a part made Fall run faster, as she pounded the 'Open' button for the cargo doors. Emergency overrides had to be flipped before the door finally fell, and ripped off.

Her pulse was wild, her whole body feeling sick, her hold on Runt tighter than steel. What is going on? What is going on? The question raced through her mind. Her body seemed to he acting for her.

She was about to grab a parachute, before the whole jet was flipped upwards by some unseen force, sending Fall out the empty door and plummeting towards the sea below with Runt. Her trench-coat flew off, sleeve ripping away around Runt. A scream ripped out of Fall's mouth. The world went black for Fall as she fell, out of the sky, towards the earth, dark black wings spread out.

Like a fallen angel from heaven.