Chapter 22 Hallway Bench

Loki had searched a bit of the ship for where Fall may have been, and after a while, he simply asked his brother where her room may be, feeling lead by his feet and a push to do so. Thor had pointed down the hall, and Loki quickly walked towards the open room.

"Fall!" He called, smiling as he came into view of her small shape. He was glad to see her, starting to jog to get to her.

Loki stopped as two doctors holding a stretcher with a dead person passed by, momentarily blocking his view. The door was opened still, something Loki tried to focus on amongst all the people.

When the men finally passed, Loki walked into the room and stopped in his tracks. The room was a disaster, but that wasn't what completely floored Loki.

Fall's once white PJs where stained red, a big, bright blossom of crimson creeping bigger, with obvious burns around where a shot had hit. The angel had slumped forwards over Runt, who was mewling and whining like a worried dog, being crushed a little under her. Loki's head went rushing away from him.

"Get a healer over here!" Loki heard Thor shout behind him. Loki was too shocked to move for a moment, processing that this angel, his angel, had been shot. She remained there, slumped, hurt, and he couldn't imagine where from.

Finally, Loki started moving, picking Fall up off the bed and turning to walk out the door. Runt fell to the floor and followed at his heels. Time seemed to have slowed for Loki, as he ran through the hallways, the crowds parting like a river around a strong stone. Their gazes still wore on Loki like a current, unwelcome stares he should be used to, but never will be. They were on Fall too, and Loki wanted to throw a blanket over her and hide her from the people, and their looks.

The trickster turned into the medic bay, the doctors taking Fall and putting her on the nearest table, while he was left staring after her. He had no tricks in his sleeve to have saved her. Someone pulled Loki out of the room, dragging Loki along and walked away from the busy hallways and tons of people. Loki reached for Fall's hand, but they were already too far apart to touch. Runt followed her limp hand while Loki's feet were dragged on tile.

"Brother." Thor sat, pulling Loki to a empty hallway bench to sit together. His hand held Loki's wrist, as if the man would drift away from him like a balloon, returning right back to Fall. "Brother, sit down."

Loki said nothing, his gaze still locked towards the hallway that Fall was in, but he flopped down on the seat.

"Loki, what is going on?" Thor questioned. "You run out of a room, holding a barely conscious and bloody Lady Fall, and now you are like this?" He had never seen the raw look of loss and disbelief that Loki had on his face.

"Yes. I am only repaying her." Loki spoke as if he was answering a different question, his voice almost a whisper with how quiet it escaped him, still not looking at Thor as he folded and unfolded his hands together.

"This, brother, does not look like merely repaying anything to Lady Fall." Thor spoke of Loki's current condition, the blond Asgardian's voice the only hint revealing how tired he was.

"Then what does 'this' look like Thor?" Loki snapped, looking Thor in the eyes. He seemed to glare like a dog baring its fangs and warning Thor to leave him be, a snarl on his face like a snake ready to bite.

"To me, this looks like...." Thor stood up and turned to walk away from Loki, not wanting a battle, rather wanting sleep. "You are more than concerned for her."

Loki looked down, then back down the hall towards where Fall rested. Is that really all I feel for her?