Part 38: Need

(Sorry this is so long! Worth it, I promise!) MATURE SCENE: 18 & UP

I watched her, still in my wolf form. 

"You know so much about me," she shook her head tearfully. "That's playing dirty! It's not fair!"

I changed back to my human form. She averted her gaze, but I didn't care that I was naked. I felt pretty exposed already the past few days.  "No one will ever harm you again, not on my watch."

"Why can't you...send me away?"

"I can't do that." I pulled on my boxer briefs and crawled on the bed to catch her chin so I could lock eyes with her. "You know I can't."

She became exasperated. "What do you want?!"

"Quite simply, you."

"What?"

"I am a full breed and you know what I can pick up on? What I know that you won't admit?" I came closer. "I sense your need to be with me—"

"You—"

"You called for me when you were sick and I never left you, not even in the dungeon. I carried you here after a long night in a small bed, suffering and almost dying with you." She swallowed hard, speechless, so I went on. "I smell your arousal when I'm near, feel your knees go weak around me when I touch you, kiss you—and me?" I was almost against her, ruefully laughing at what her nearness was doing. It was almost torture, but soothing at the same time. Her eyes were wide, her breathing harder than before. "I have been kidding myself, Lani. For whatever reason the Goddess chose, you are my mate. Everyday I am more sure of it."

She gasped. "But what about love?"

"I would die for you."

I was about to close the distance between us, but she put a hand up to stop me. I caught her wrist with ease, and pressed my lips against her inner wrist. She gasped again, but this time it was awareness that caused it. I slowly trailed kisses up her forearm, locking eyes with her as I did, and then trailed back up to her hand, where I kissed each fingertip only to go back again. Her eyes widened, and then I saw what I needed, felt what I was feeling: longing. When I got to her elbow, I pulled her arm around my neck, and pulled her against me, lowering her onto the bed. I looked at her and saw the storm in her eyes. She wanted to keep some distance, but that wasn't happening with what we were making each other feel. I gently caressed her cheek, and she trembled. I cupped her face and bent down to kiss her. She went from trembling to melting against me. She literally arched, and I opened her mouth with mine. I groaned at the taste of her, sweet, milk and honey...

She was lost in sensation, I could feel it. She was completely pliable, completely mine. I kept kissing her, grinding against her, and a high pitched moan escaped her.

"Dear Goddess." It was all I could whisper. All she wore was a cotton nightie and underwear. I began kissing her neck, tracing her jugular with my tongue, and she arched. I groaned again, wanting to claim her completely, it would be so easy...but I wanted her will. All of a sudden, I needed her to admit it. "Ah, Lani..." When she moaned again, I knew I had to do something, not only to prove my claim on her, not only to prove our shared passion, but also to soothe my wolf.

I pushed the fabric of the toga back and nuzzled between her breasts. She gasped, and before she could protest, I took one into my mouth. She gave a small cry and squirmed, but I steadied her, stroking the sides of her body. I whined softly, pleading with her not to turn me away, to take what I was giving. She whined back...and relaxed.

I kneaded her hips as I pulled her underwear off slowly. I wanted to rip them, but right now, right now, we were both in very dangerous territory. This was going further than I planned. I just wanted to kiss her...but now my wolf was howling inside me for something more. I trailed kisses lower, my tongue dipping at the apex of her legs. She did what I hoped; instead of keeping her legs closed, she opened in surprise. She tried to scoot backward, and I surged forward, taking advantage of the full access.

She screamed...then again, but then she started moaning, whimpering. I stroked her body gently, trying to calm her, but I wanted something...I knew what would soothe me...her hips began to move in time with me, and I growled. I would have this, I swear to the Goddess, I'll just have this and stop...I wasn't going to take full advantage, but damn it, I was close to losing restraint!

She moaned loudly, and I heard her nails dig into the sheets. I took her hands and put them in my hair, growling as she raked my skull and arched, shuddering. I growled, tasting her essence, and deciding to prolong things by cleaning her up gently, calmed myself with the last of what she had to give as she collapsed and sagged against the pillows.

After a while I was calm, savoring the taste of her on my tongue. I gently closed her toga, kissed her forehead. Her breathing had almost returned to normal, and she was weak.

"See, honey?" I whispered in her hair. "You belong to me." 

"I—"

"And I—" I smiled gently. "I belong to you." I saw that calmed her, and something inside me was all the more peaceful for just saying it.

"Kyros..." 

Goddess forgive me, that whisper almost made me start over. "Rest now." She was so drained from her experience. I kissed her hair, her cheeks, her lips. "Rest now. I'll be back." I tucked her into her bed, and smoothed the sheets. I truthfully did not want to leave her. I would have happily took another nap with her, but I had business to attend to. I rose from bed and dressed. I made my way to the kitchen, tracking Asa and the twins with ease. 

Asa raised his head when I entered the kitchen. "Yes, Alpha?"

"Your mate is alive," I admitted. The wolves rose, their eyes full of hope. "Your mother—" I looked at Ian and Logan. "is alive."

Asa's eyes filled with tears. "I knew it!"

"Where is she? Is she alright?"

"Yes."

Asa shook his head. "I thought your father—"

"Yes, he did give the orders."

Ian and Logan looked at each other.

"I didn't have the heart to kill them." I shook my head. "I sent them away."

"Can you bring them here?"

"I can." I nodded. "I will."

Asa sank to his knees. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome--"

"And thank Luna for me."

I couldn't help but smile. "Sure thing."