Part 32: Welcome to Kincaid Manor

I felt groggy. For a second I thought I was in my dad's lap--

But then I remembered the gold tinged blue eyes and wolfish grin I saw right before I passed out, which was as I felt the prick of a needle. I struggled, but two arms closed tighter around me. I did a quick assessment, eyes still closed. I'm in the air. I hear helicopter blades. I'm in a helicopter. Someone male is holding me, and feeling arms around me and the lap under me, he's strong...and calming, comforting. I smell trees and water and-I opened my eyes to those same eyes I'd seen before I went unconscious, no longer tinged but blue and simply observing me.

"You're awake." Kyros said.

I didn't know what to say to that. "Kyros, please--"

"Please," he gave a small smile, and caressed my cheek. "I like that word on your lips." 

I couldn't look away. I became aware that one of my hands laid on his chest. His face was a mask of calm but his heart was beating faster than he let on. We locked eyes for a few moments, and he took my hand away from his chest and put it on my lap. I wanted to put it back, trying to tell myself that I just wanted to keep track of his heartbeat for tells, not to simply touch him. "What are you--" I gasped at the size of the house.

"Home." He said simply. 

I tried not to panic. I didn't even know where I was at the moment. As the copter began its descent, Kyros tightened his grip around me. He was acting as a safety belt. I didn't know what to say to that, what to do.  He held me gently as if I was precious, tightly as if he'd never let me go. I wanted to rest my head on his shoulder as I did when unconscious, but decided not to, grappling with disappointment of my choice. The helicopter touched down, and he got out with me in his arms without any struggle and carried me inside. 

I looked up at him. He seemed completely comfortable, which meant he had plans for me already. Death wasn't what he had in mind; he could have done that in New York, right?

We were going down a staircase. "Where are you taking me?"

He didn't answer.

I wanted to hit him. "Answer me!"

We were in the basement, which basically was a dungeon. He nodded to a guard who opened a door to one of the cells. "This is where you're staying for now." He released my legs, and let my body slide down his. I could see other prisoners in other cells, all male, watchful and silent.

 I could see other prisoners in other cells, all male, watchful and silent

"You can't keep me here--!" 

Kyros laughed. "Your family is gone and your hunter friends don't know where you are. Cass is a loyal servant to the Kincaid family."

I gasped as he turned to close the door.

"Oh, the boy knows nothing, and is safe," It was as if Kyros read my mind. "Cass will smooth things over." He looked at the other cells. Apparently others were listening. "I will explain more later, but for now you're safe--"

"Safe from you!" I spat angrily as he closed the cell door.

"Safe from me?" Kyros repeated and laughed. "What, are my kisses so dangerous?" He began to open the door.

"Leave me alone!"

"You swooned, Lani, you can't deny that--"

"You held me close, held me in your arms all the way here!" I tried to sound offended, like I was revealing his weakness, but it only made him smile.

"Touche, honey, touche." He closed the cell, turned on his heel and walked away.

It was silent. I sat on the bed and looked around.

"I'll be damned."

I turned to see two young men in a cell across and down the hall. They were twins, rising, from their beds and looking.

 They were twins, rising, from their beds and looking

"You're pure!" one said. 

"Enough!" an older man growled. He was in the cell next to me, in fact there was a connecting door that was thankfully locked. 

"Sorry, we don't get females here

"Sorry, we don't get females here. What did you do to get locked up down here, girl?" He cocked his head to the side. "What's your name?"

"I-I'm Leilani," I said, backing into the corner of my own cell. "Leilani Martin."

"Martin?!" one of the twins repeated, and they all looked at each other.

The older man silenced them all with a look, and he turned to me. "I am Asa. Welcome to Kincaid Manor."