Chapter 8

The funny thing is, it wasn't a bad lump in my throat. It was holding the laughter back.

From: Matt

Pls get ur fucking sister outside of ur bedroom door to go away she was chasing me and she has a knife and im scared omg

I burst out into laughter and show Alex, he start bursting out in laughter too. I run upstairs to find my sister sitting on the floor waiting for Matt to come out. I picked her up and carried her downstairs, her laughing was uncontrollable. I put her down on the couch and tickled her while she kicked and screamed.

"I missed you Izzy!" I say, spinning her around.

"I missed you too sis!"

"Go to bed now,  it's way past your bedtime missy!" I say, poking my tongue out and carrying her to bed. I tuck her underneath the covers and kiss her goodnight, oh how I missed home. I walked back into my room to see Matt lying face down in the corner of my room. I playfully slap his shoulder, trying to control my laughter, and I shake his shoulder to make him get up. My shakes got more vigurous and violent as he doesn't budge, and I start to cry uncontrollably when I see foam coming out of his mouth. I scream as loud as I can and Mum and Dad run in straight away.

"What happened?!?!" My mum yelled, frightened as my dad ran over to him. He checked his pulse and it was slow, really slow. I stared crying and crying, Alex ran into the room.

"Nick went to a hotel, what happened here?!?!" He said, shouting. He dialled the ambulance and they showed up immediatley because we were so close to them. They lifted him on a stretcher, took him out and left the room. I ran after him and kissed his cheek, he can't die on me. Alex's eyes were bloodshot as he squeezed me in a hug, wiping my tears away. I run into my parents bedroom, seeing them trying to cope.

"Alex and I are going"

"Oh honey, be safe" Mum said, handing me a 100 pound note. I got changed out of my fancy top and put on my AM sweatshirt, threw my purse over my shoulder and ran to my car with Alex following me. We hop into my old Ford Cortina and start driving, Alex drove because I was way to shaky. I start to text Katie, Jamie and Nick to tell them to come.

Arabella: Get to the hospital now, something bad happened to Matt

Katie: Shit, i'll tell the others, be there in 5

We stopped at a stoplight and everything flashed in my head.

Matt.

He could die.

Coma.

Heart Attack.

Brain Tumour.

Cancer.

All these thoughts made me cry again and Alex squeezed my hand.

"Everything will be ok" He whispers, crashing his lips against mine. We pull apart and I look to my left to find a teenage girl staring at me in the front of her house, staring in awe. A smile fills her face and she waves at me, I wave back. She puts a thumbs up and I start laughing and we drive away. He pulls into the carpark and we run in.

"What can I do for ya" A lady speaks.

"Here to see Matthew Helders"

"Have any connections to him?" She asks in bore.

"Relatives" We weren't but whatever.

"Room 26B, level 3"

We walked hand in hand to the elevator fearing the worst. We pushed the button and we started going up. We ran to the room and saw Matt hooked up to a machine, the oscilloscope