End

3 years later

I picked at my fingernails as Alex lifted Charlotte and Jake into the car.

"How the flip do you do these belts?" Alex said, trying his hardest not to swear.

"Just sit down, i'll do them." I laughed, jumping out of the front seat and into the back. I strapped the sleeping beauties into the seat, as Alex found it too hard. I buckled them in and made sure they wouldn't fall off the seat, then returning to the drivers seat.

"Thanks, love. I'll never learn, aye." He laughed.

"Hopefully you will. It isn't that hard." I replied with a smirk, turning the radio up slightly. I was receiving an incoming call so I answered it, Julian's voice ringing through the car.

"Hey hey hey! How are the kids?" He asked.

"They're here with us, we just picked them up from Matt's. They fell asleep, fast." I ask, turning left into the drive through of McDonald's.

"UNCLE JULIAN!" Charlotte screamed, her high pitched voice echoing through the car, causing Jake to wake up. Jake started to yell and cry, moving around in his chair.

"Can I call you back?" I yell over their voices.

"Sure, catch up soon!" He laughed, hanging up.

"Wait outside, i'll pick you up." I say, so he gets out and grabs the kids, trying to calm them down. About five minutes later, I got our food and drove out, all of them returning in.

"They fell asleep. Again." He said, laughing.

"Fucks sake, let's go." I smirk and we drive off. As we returned home, I picked up Charlotte and he picked up Jake and I unlocked the door. I sat them down on the couch and turned on the TV, giving them their food. They woke up to the smell of it and started to eat, and Alex and I joined them.

I looked down at my beautiful children and remembered everything I had ever done in my life.

The time Alex and I went on a date and he caught me admiring his motorbike.

"Done admiring me motorbike love?" It was Alex. I pulled him in for a hug, he hugged back. We started walking towards the cafe, and he gently holds my hand, I didn't move away.

"Is it your motorbike?" I say, looking at it.

"Yeah it is, you like it?"

"A lot." I say, smiling.

The time he asked me to be his girlfriend.

A million thoughts pierced my head, butterflies in my stomach are escaping by my crimson red cheeks, I will. He has been so nice to me recently, and to be honest, I kind of like him too. He gazed into my sky blue eyes, hoping for an answer, holding my hands in his.

"Yes." I softly say.

A smile splashes on his face and I wrap my arms around him to kiss him. What was I doing? I felt sorry for the kid, he just wanted another chance for us to be friends, and I accepted it. But i'm.... falling in love? I can't be... but... today has been really fun, and we kinda just click together. The kiss seemed to last forever, it tasted of bubblegum, I felt like sparks were flowing out of my body, I felt electric. This is what I always wanted. Someone to love. I pulled away, and rested my forehead on his. I snuggled up to him and he put his arms around me while we watched the pale moonlight slowly fade behind clouds.

When he confessed that he cheated on me and I couldn't deal with it.

"Fuck this" I mutter. I pick it up, dragging it across my skin, letting it touch every nerve in my hip.

Lift arm

Put blade down

Drag it across hip

One by one, I saw the drips of blood trickle down my leg, then turning into a flow. Flowing down my leg, onto the shower floor. My hips are all cut up, I wish I could stop and I thought I got rid of my addiction, I guess not. Then, I grabbed the blade by a different angle and pushed it into my thigh, letting out a scream of pain. Here I am, completely nude, half of my bottom body covered in blood. I pushed it in again, then hearing the door being kicked down and Matt flinging open the shower curtain to reveal me, lying on the floor, completely helpless. His jaw dropped and within a second he turned off the water and grabbed a towel.

When Matt called the Ambulance and they wheeled me into the back of a van, Alex standing next to me.

"I love you."

Those words slipped right out of my mouth. He looked at me with the most beautiful brown eyes ever, sparkling and his face all red from the crying.

"I love you too." He says, squeezing my hand. I force a smile and fall asleep, the last thing I hear is his voice.

"Everything is going to be ok."

I had remembered everything. The time Alex called me gross in primary school, the time Matt drove me home because I was too drunk to go by myself, the time Alex gave me his jacket when I left mine in the restaurant, when we went on tour and when he met my parents, when we had everyone over for his birthday, when we went to music festivals, when Katie shaved the side of my hair, when Breana married Matt, when Nick and I had an in depth conversation about how giraffes fuck each other, when we had an article written about us, when I had to leave him at airports when the both of us were crying our eyes out, when he took me to New York to meet The Strokes, when I dyed my hair and got my piercings, when he fucking cheated on me in Argentina and I cheated back, when we did the love lock in Paris, I remembered way too much, more than I should have. All the memories we created. The friends I would have for a lifetime. Everything that had happened in my life didn't happen for a reason, but it was a lead up to all of this. 

I wasn't prepared for this, and i'm still unsteady, but it doesn't matter.

Everything I see is gorgeous, and I've never been this happy.

I place a kiss on both of their foreheads and smile at Alex, his beautiful brown eyes reflecting in the light. 

Nothing could be better than this.

And to be honest,

I never wanted this to end.

and that's a wrap!

thank you guys so much for reading this story. it's been an amazing journey and i've been writing this for a little over a year, and i couldn't ask for anything more. you guys have been so supportive and patient, and i love you all for that. every chapter you have been so great and i love seeing people enjoy this book. it means the world to me and i can't thank you all enough. this book continues to grow day by day and at times i may be bumpy with my writing but i hope you understood.

now, quick question. i love this book so much and i enjoy writing it, even though i don't like arctic monkeys as much as i did about a year ago. so, do you want me to make a second book? i'd be happy to make another one, and i feel like it would be nice for a part two. it might take some time for the first chapter to be up, but i'm willing to do it. leave a comment telling me if you want another one.

make sure to check out my other book, burning desire. it's a work in progress and i don't update as frequently as i want to, but i'm working on so many other books while i try to balance between all of them. 

i love you all, so so much.

i hope you enjoyed this book.

lyla xx