Chapter 1

"Ugh... where the fuck are my keys?" I say, searching all around the apartment.

Eventually, I give up.

"MATT! WHERE THE HELL ARE MY KEYS! I HAVE TO GO TO A JOB INTERVIEW IN AN HOUR AND I STILL NEED TO GET DRESSED! I DONT WANT TO SPEND HALF AN HOUR FINDING THEM!"

My name is Arabella Blossom. I am 26 years old, my birthday on the 22nd of January, which is in 5 months. I have been best friends with Matt Helders for 3 years now. We met when I asked to use his phone to call my friend, but he wouldn't let me go home by my drunken self, so I gave in, and he gave me a lift home. I am single, and I want a job in the design business, so I am going to a job interview today. Matt never approved of me getting a job, because he had enough money to pay for my bills and things, but I always felt bad and wanted to get a job because of my age. We were the best of friends, who would argue over the littlest of things, but we were always there for eachother. I wanted a boyfriend, but never found the right guy. Matt keeps mentioning his band mate, Alex Turner, but I always brushed it off, so if I lose the argument about getting a job, I have to go on tour with them. It was a stupid bet, but I thought it would be a bit of fun going on tour with them.

"Well, get dressed and hve a shower first! And remember the bet!" He shouts.

"Remember the bet my ass..." I mumble under my breath.

I have a shower and wash my hair. I get out, dry it and straighten it, putting it in a high, neat ponytail, and start get dressed. I put my black skinny jeans on, my white non see-through tank top, my black cardigan and my black pumps, admiring myself in the mirror. I part my hair into 2 and put them over my shoulders, then I start my makeup. I put a simple, light brown eyeshadow to make my blue eyes pop, a little bit of concealer, a simple black eyeliner and a clear lipgloss, then I start looking for my keys. I look everywhere, under my bed, in my drawer, behind couches, but nothing. I run out to my car, finding Matt dangling my keys in his index finger. I try to snatch it off him, but he moves his hand swiftly away. I run back into the apartment, trying to find my purse so I could catch transport, but I couldn't find that either. I look at my car out the window, finding Matt reaching in my car and pulling out my purse.

My body is filled with rage.

I want a job.

I checked the time on the clock, and the interview was in 15 minutes. I searched for my phone, but then realised it was in my purse.

I was so angry.

My eyes filled up with tears, but I held them from slipping out of my eyes. I ran out of the apartment, and started running towards Matt.

"I fucking hate you." I say, staring into his bright blue eyes.The interview was very soom, I gave up. I fell to the floor, holding my head in my hands. I heard footsteps walking towards me, and I knew it was Matt even before I looked. I hated him. He ruined the whole thing. He wanted me to be happy without a job, and wanted me to be with Alex.

I hate Matt.

I felt his hand calmly hold my shoulder. I looked up, seeing his hand perched towards me, as if he expected me to grab his and get up, but I wasn't giving in that easily. I looked away, stood up and kept walking. I knew I was going to be late, but I didn't care. I checked my little pocket mirror, and surprisingly, makeup was fine. I kept walking, as he kept saying my name. Eventually, he came to my side, but I kept walking. He kept saying my name, and after about a minute, he held my shoulders and pulled me to face him, his hands still on my shoulders.

"Arabella. Stop."

"How about no. No. Okay? No."

"Why not huh? You know we are financially stable, and I have enough money to support the both of us! What about Alex huh? He is single, and good lookin'!"