Volume 5: The More The Merrier

Start from the beginning

Apollonir: No one says that in front of my kid.

Qrow: Just let me handle this, Apollo. What are you doing here, Raven?!

Raven: I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister.

Qrow: Leo... what have you done?!

Lionheart: I...

Raven: Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too.

As Raven speaks the last sentence out, she sets her eyes specifically on her daughter, Yang, who just glares at her.

Qrow: You have the Spring Maiden.

Raven: Correct. I do have her.

Qrow: Then hand her over and let's work together! We can beat Salem!

Raven: All that time you and Apollonir spent spying for Ozpin and you still have no idea what you're dealing with. There is no beating Salem!

Ruby: You're wrong. We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please.

Me: Let us work together as one to beat her. There has to be another way than senseless violence. So, come... let us change our fates... in our own hands.

I said as I stepped foward and held my hand out. Raven glares at it.

Raven: You sound just like your mother... your mother, too... Shadow.

Suddenly, Raven draws her sword and creates a portal with her Semblance. From the portal, a fireball is suddenly launched.

Me: Ruby, watch out!

Out of instinct, I quickly jumped in front of my girlfriend to protect her from the blast, as I shouted something with a mixture of someone else's voice.

Me/???'s Voice: ZEPPANDON SHIELD!!!!!

I shouted as I go into a stance as a shield came out of nowhere, blocking the projectile as it blew my shield. Fortunately my Hyper Muteki semblance was activated before it blew up on me, to Ruby's shock as I fell on the floor real hard by my bum.

Ruby: Shadow!!

Me: I'm fine. It just hurts a bit at my backside!

While Ruby runs to help me, Cinder then steps out of the portal.

Cinder: Hello boys and girls.

She is then joined by Vernal, and her subordinates, Emerald and Mercury, as they too step out from the portal. As Ruby helps you stand up, I notice someone with black clothing near the statue, and I was surprised when Another Pallad reveals himself from his hiding spot as he walked out from behind the statue.

Me: You...

I glared daggers at Another Pallad, adorning his usual smirk as the original Pallad. Cinder and her group, along with Another Pallad, line up alongside Raven, while the rest gasp.

Mercury: C'mon guys, is that any way to greet your old friends?

Qrow: Everybody, stay calm.