Chapter 23 - A Journey with the legendary blader

...

In the vast desert there are 2 people riding a camel each, one of them was a young man in his 20s wearing reinforced martial suit but has a shiny and hardened look on it. At first glance you would see him as some young master of a great clan having a beauty as a bodyguard beside him.

'Ugh. I already expected Yuan to be strong but not that strong and that receptionist gave me an explorer's journal although I have a lot of them on my storage, this one looks so old that it'll shatter to pieces if treated roughly.' Jackson said as he peeked at the book hanging in his belt.

They were travelling for 5 hours already and still didn't arrived at their destination and they were heading to the center of the desert where the dungeon can be found. On their way there, Yuan took care of the monster who came to attack them and with a slash of her katana they will be split in two pieces although he can also do that, it was pretty surprising to see yuan killing monsters without using skills and just a wave of her frail looking hands.

"It's getting dark, In front 300 meters away from here there will be an oasis, do you want to set up camp there to spend the night?" Yuan said with a smile.

'*sigh* If I didn't know you from the game, I would've had the time of my life having a beauty travel with me. Too bad I know that you are one of the legendary figures in the game, they even make you as the NPC's representative in the cover photos of the game.'

"Okay we will set up camp there." Jackson said while having a delighted face. 'Acting to not know you is harder that fighting bandits ('-_-') '

After a few minutes they arrived in the oasis, and set up camp. Yuan was efficient in setting up the tent, Jackson went to her and ask her.

"Why did you only set up one tent? Didn't we brought two tents when we left the mercenary guild?" Jackson was confused.

"You will sleep, I will keep an eye out." Yuan said with a smile while holding her katana.

"What? Then what about you?" Jackson wasn't really feeling well, even if she was the legendary blader it was still not enough to let her a woman sleep outside and be a look out for him.

"I will stay awake until I am certain that there won't be any threats left." Yuan said firmly.

"Okay, just tell me if you need some help." Jackson said as he went inside the tent to sleep.

'It's not like you need help anyway.' That was his last thought before he fell asleep.

...Jackson's POV....

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a beautiful girl with a long violet hair beside me sleeping soundly.

I tried closing my eyes and open them again but she's still there, I raised my hands and tried slapping my face. *SLAP*

"OUCH!" Jackson shouted as he felt his face burn, I closed my eyes when I slapped myself but when I opened them again I can see yuan looking at me with her red drowsy eyes.

"Oh, Good morning. How was your sleep?" She rubbed her eyes as she spoke.

"Forget about that, why are you sleeping inside the tent with me? Aren't you guarding the tent and was on a lookout?" I said hurriedly as I tried to avoid looking at her exposed chest in front of me.

"Wha-? I said I would stay awake until I am certain that there won't be any threats right?" Yuan said while she noticed me watching her chest, she blushed and tried to cover it.

"So you meant there are no threats outside of the desert?" 'Although I'm glad that you didn't sleep outside it was still awkward to sleep with you inside a tent.'

Jackson said as he went out of the tent to see a lot of desert hounds corpse littered around the oasis.

'I guess there won't be any daring monsters coming to attack a tent where a lot of monsters corpses are littered around.'

Jackson went near the tent and pulled out a barbecue rack he bought in the old ladies pla- I mean what I bought from veradrix. I cooked the barbeques that I bought from veradrix, due to them being stored in my inventory, they were still on their best condition when I bought them from her.

After a few minutes Yuan went out of the tent with her disguised dress and went beside me and asked.

"I don't remember us buying this thing." Yuan said as she pointed out the barbecue rack and continued asking. "And where did you get this barbecue? There is only one possibility, you have an inventory. As I though you were one of the heroes who were sent to this world."

'Damn, I forgot about this but what did she mean by a hero?'

"I don't know about this hero thing, can you tell me more about it?" I tried to probe her by asking this question, I don't really have to keep my guard up with her. Knowing her in the game, she won't try to do any thing to harm me.

"Well there was a prophecy where God would send six brave heroes to aid us in vanquishing the lord of darkness, although we still can't find the whereabouts of this dangerous entity. We have already a major location of where their hideout may be." Yuan said with a darkened expression.

"It was said in that prophecy that if the six heroes can't defeat the lord of darkness, the world would be plunged into eternal darkness and all of the living beings in the world would die and only the undead which the lord of the darkness rules will survive." Yuan continued to tell me the prophecy which I already knew ^_^.

Well I can't blame her, she doesn't even know that this world was once a game and it was only created with the God of Games' Divine Power.