Chapter 13 - Buying the House

After checking his status and alz left, he then went outside the store and took a stroll around the town. 'I still can't believe how all of this is real.' Jackson thought as he saw a kebab being sold on the street by an old lady. "How much for one stick?" Jackson said as he point his hands at the kebab being grilled by the old lady. "Just 10 alz per stick young man." the old lady said as she continued grilling. 'What? so cheap?' Jackson thought as he bought three sticks of kebab. He handed a coin worth 100 alz to the old lady and said "Keep the change ma'am".

The old lady thanked him before he continued his stroll in an alley to head back to his house, what he didn't see is that there are some people were following and observing where he was going and what he was doing.

Along the way he bought a lot of things to decorate his house, although he bought many things it didn't even amount to 100,000alz so he was still left with so many alz left. He ate the kebab he bought earlier and went to bed, he slept and wondered what happened to the game he was playing. At first it was almost like the game he was playing but he can't shake off this feeling that while he was strolling in the town, someone was following him. 'Is there really someone following me? or maybe it was just my imagination?' Jackson thought as he laid down in his bed falling asleep.

The next morning he was awoke by a knocking sound coming from the door of his house.

*Knock* *Knock**Knock*

"Open up BladeOfDarkness, time to pay up the rent of your house." A shout coming from outside was heard.

Jackson went downstairs to see Gette looking angry at him. "Pay up your rent if you want to keep living in this house." Gette said as he kept looking at Jackson who was still sleepy.

"Oh, How much is the rent?" 'I didn't know about this rent thing, your other self gladly gave it to me anyway.' Jackson said as he remembered that the house he was living in was given to him by the previous Gette.

"10,000 alz it's the rent for a month. Pay up or if you don't want to keep paying this amount just buy the house." Gette said as he extended his hands asking for payment from Jackson.

*Sigh* "How much is the house?" Jackson asked. "Oh? you want to buy it? It's just a cheap price, only for one million alz the contract of the house is yours." Gette smiled as he showed the contract of the house while smirking inside because he was making the price of the twice as its original one.

Jackson waved his hand and ten bags of alz was laid down in front of Gette. "Here the one million alz that you are asking for." Jackson said as he snatched the contract from Gette who was still dumbfounded, happy and sad at the same time. Dumbfounded that Jackson managed to fork out a huge amount of alz in front of him, happy that he made a huge profit by selling the house twice as its original price and sad that he didn't raise the price more.

Jackson then closed the door and packed his things, he put the contract in his inventory. He then grabbed an egg of a Archyterix in his inventory which he bought yesterday, he cooked the egg and had breakfast. After eating he decided to go out of the town to see if there are also changes outside of the town.

He went to the east gate of the town and saw two guards there guarding the gate, that's right there was now a gate rather than just a way outside. Maybe he did expect some changes but he didn't expect to see a towering gate was placed in the east entrance of the town. 'Maybe it was to block the monsters from going in.' Jackson thought as there is definitely no way for the monsters to enter the town back in the game, even if the gate is wide open. Once the player enters the town, the monster chasing the character will stop from it's pursuit and go back to its area.

But when he thought about it, it was quite logical to place gates on the entrance since the game was already life like. He then approached the gate only to be stopped by the guards.

"Halt, no one comes out of this gate unless he is level 10 or above." A guard in a uniform said as he blocked Jackson's way. "Let us first scan your status if you have the minimum requirements to go outside this gate." The other guard said as he brought a blank crystal card.

"Here, put a drop of your blood on this card for us to know what level you are." The guard said as he handed the card to Jackson.

'Huh? I don't remember doing this thing in the game, and who are these guys? I don't remember them being a guard in the game, oh well it's just a drop of blood' Jackson thought as he dropped a blood to the card he was holding and handed it to the guard.

The guard observed the card and he smiled "Okay, you pass. You can go outside now." The guard said as he opened the door. Jackson went outside of the gate until he wasn't visible to the guards anymore.

"Alright we can take him on, he's just a newly advanced level 10 blader, although he has strong stats, as long as we surround him with 10 people he won't be able to survive our ambush." The man with a scar in his face said that was wearing a guard's uniform said.

"Yeah with the ten of us which has higher level than him he won't be able to fight back at all, by the way what do we do with these two?" The other guy said as he pointed to the two unconscious men being hid in the corner of the room.

"Let's just give them the uniforms back, although they fell asleep due to the sleeping potion, we can't provoke these guys since they are the town guards. They will have enough strength to live up to their jobs." The scar-face man said as he quickly stripped off the uniform he was wearing with the other guy and they put them back to the guards who was sleeping.