Chapter 6 - Garlelia killed

After killing the three garlies, Jack immediately retreated and hid behind a huge rock, never bothering to pick up the items and alz that the monsters dropped. As he was retreating, he was looking back to where the field boss was and saw that it curled up into a ball and slept. 'Maybe it was just my imagination, it seemed like some of the game's rules are still active. That's why the field boss didn't attack me because I didn't attacked it first. So that's why it had a bored and sleepy look, I thought that it was so fearsome and strong that watching the fight of it's 3 subordinates and being killed was because I didn't attacked it first.'

Jackson took a long breath and calmed down, he approached the Garlelia with any fear to test his theories, although if the Garlelia starts to attack him he will just have to retaliate. After reaching ten meters away from the Garlelia, it's ears then twitched and it woke up from it's slumber.

It looked at the human whom killed it's bretheren, although it doesn't feel angry about seeing his kin killed. It was still vigilant and dare not let the human get close to him. It then readied it's claw when the human was five meters away from it to make the human understand that one more step and he will attack.

Jackson was surprised when he reached the five meter distance between him and the Garlelia, when he reached the ten meter distance he was elated that the Garlelia is not an aggressive boss and it was just like the game. But then his expression changed from being elated to excitement when the Garlelia possessed a hostile look. He then calmed down and took the Quest scroll which Gette gave him and read the information about the Garelelia.

[GARELELIA]

Type: Field Boss

Location: Desert Scream

Level: 5

HP:187

MP:N/A

RANGE: 1(Melee)

He then took his [KATANA] and his [TRAINING BLADE] and brandished them towards the boss, the good thing that he got about the changes in the game was that as soon as he adds a single stat point into Dexterity it immediately enhances his speed, and also attack because even water can be very sharp as long as it's fast enough. Faster speed also means faster time and reaction to dodge the attack of his enemies, that's why he focuses more on dexterity rather than strength, although strength is required for wielding his weapons and wearing his equipment he would rather just put enough strength and intelligence rather than waste a valuable stat point for a wrong stats.

The Garlelia clawed the human who was approaching it, but discovered that it made a wrong decision about the position of the human and was unable to hit it. It then sensed danger coming from it's front and side stepped to its left and clawed horizontally but the human jumped up in the air.

After jumping, he slashed down using his katana and managed to cut the hand of the Garlelia and he saw a BLUE -150 bubble popped out above it's head.

After it lost it's left hand and sensing the danger to it's life the Garlelia decided to flee but was blocked by the human, it bared it's fangs and growled viciously and used it's right hand to claw at the human, he then discovered that his claw was parried by a rusty blade and it immediately shattered but the human was able it evade its attack.

Although Jackson suffered damage from parrying the Garlelia's claw he gritted his teeth and he then slashed horizontally at the Garlelia and decapitated it's head from it's body and a BLUE -87 bubble popped out from above it's headless body.

After killing the Garlelia, Jackson felt the experience points entering his body and he leveled up again. He checked his status.

NAME: BladeOfDarkness

CLASS: BLADER

LEVEL: 5

HP: 75/100

MP:50/50

SKILL LEVEL: NOVICE (58/100)

STRENGTH:21

INTILLEGENCE:6

DEXTERITY:28

ATTACK DAMAGE: 34

DEFENSE: 87.5

-EQUIPMENT-

HEAD: Martial Helm (15/20)

BODY: Martial Suit(Training) ( 2/10)

HANDS: Martial Gloves (15/20)

FEET: Martial Boots (15/20)

-WEAPONS-

LEFT HAND: Training Blade (0/10)

RIGHT HAND: Katana (15/20)

Jackson saw the only thing left of the Training Blade was it's hilt. Seeing how the blade was no more, he immediately throw it away and prayed. He prayed that the Garlelia dropped something very useful to him so that he didn't sacrifice his Training Blade for nothing.

He then picked up the Garlelia's Body and Head and put it inside his inventory, he then noticed that when he put the carcass inside, it was separated and he then tapped the information for the both of them.

[Garlelia's HEAD]

(Quest Item)

Description: Present the head to Gette(Instruction) to prove that you have killed the beast.

[Garlelia's BODY]

(Cooking Ingredient)

Description: The Garlelia is one of the strongest of it's kind and had access to the most abundant food in its territory, that's why it body was nourished properly.

After reading the description of the two items, he then realized that although it's was still game-like, it wasn't a game anymore. The appearance of the Cooking Ingredient was a sign that he will need to eat, and not eating will leave him to starve and die. He just don't want to know that if he died, he will be respawn back to the town or he will die for good.

He picked up the items that The Garlelia dropped and was glad to see that although it didn't drop any alz, it dropped to accessories.

Amulet of Garlelia (Hp+15)

Ring of Carlelia (Critical Rate +6%)[1]

[1][Author Note: Critical Rate is the rate in which after attacking there will be a chance that it will deal bonus damage according to Critical Damage percentage]

He didn't drink any potion to save, he only have 14 potions left and a single one can save his life if used properly so he wants to use it sparingly as possible, he then checked the map and saw that the Giant Beetle's dwellings are just 200 meters away from him, he went there and saw some Giant Beetle lying on their belly and unable to get up, some were using their big horns to hit other beetles to show who's stronger, from 50meters away the giant beetles looked just like normal Herculean beetle you see in real life, but when he got close, he realized that he was wrong. It was one meter in length and one meter in width, it also as big as half the height of an adult person. He then looked at the information of the beetles in his Quest Scroll given to him by Gette and saw the status of the Giant Bettle.

[GIANT BEETLE]

Description: This creature burrows below the surface and attacks enemies using its horns.

Level: 3

HP:104

MP:N/A

Range: 1(melee)