Chapter 5 - Field Boss Garlelia

[SKILL NAME: STAB & SLASH]

Class Requirement: Blader Only

Description: Stab a target to confuse its sense of distance.

Attack Amplification: 5% (+0.5% per Lvl)

Add Attack: +64 (+3.8 per Lvl)

Critical Damage: +15%

Range: 1~2

Area of Damage: 1

MP Use: 8 (+0.8 per Lvl)

Cool Time:2.4 sec

Cast Time:2.0 sec

Required Level of Mastery: Novice(0)

[Do you want to learn skill? Yes or No?]

After pressing Yes, a surge of information about the skill flooded inside my brain, although it was crude and just the basic knowledge of the skill, I think that I can execute the skill without any mistakes.

"I can see that you've become stronger, I have another job for you. But let me first tell you that this will be a hard one but it'll also be rewarding. Are you up for it?" Gette said with all seriousness.

Jackson went ahead and accept the quest without hesitating, he knew about the flow of the quests so he already know that although the next quest is hard, it wasn't that hard and it can give him an accessory needed for low level characters.

"Okay, Since you've agreed to it instantly without any hesitation I'll give you a valuable information. The mission this is is to kill 5Giant Beetle and 1Garlelia, the Garlelia is a field boss that drops accessories, rings that boosts critical strike chance, and an amulet that enhances your HP by 15points. You can hunt this field boss every 1 hour after it re-spawns. If you're lucky enough maybe you can collect the set of accessories after killing it for 3-times, but beware that although it looks like just a normal Garlie, it's speed is 3-times much faster than the normal Garlie and has sharp claws comparable to that katana you're wielding." Gette said with excitement.

There have been no one visiting this town for years and Gette can't even leave this place because his master said so. So when someone came to him for instructions, as an instructor himself, he was elated beyond words and if his master didn't give him restrictions on what skills to teach people, he would've already taught all of the high-level skills to SwordOfDarkness without a fee. Months ago there was a person that came to town but it was a girl and her profession is not the same as Gette, although he can teach her magic skills, it all due to the magic skill books that is tored within his storehouse and not because he knows how to use it.

So having to someone that have the same class as him to teach was the best thing that happened to him in the recent years. "Thank you very much instructor, I will keep that in mind." Jackson went outside the town and went to the mark on the map that Gette marked down, where the Garlelia was often spotted and re-spawned, there are also a lot of Giant Beetles around so it would be killing 2 birds with one stone if he went there.

After running for 5mins Jackson reached the marked place and saw the Garlelia which where 3 times much bigger than a normal Garlie, it was surround by 3 normal garlies and was feasting on what seems to be a some kind of fruit, although he can't recognize it since he didn't see one inside the game. 'That's the lowest level field boss? Although it looked cute from afar, if I take a closer look it's aura seems to be a genuine one, deserving of being called a field boss, albeit the lowest level one.'

Jackson tried to sneak at the back of the boss but after he got ten meters away from it, it's ears twitched and looked around and saw Jackson who was being careful not to make any sound. With it's acute senses, sensing the airflow and the slightest movements in it's surroundings was one of its strengths.

When Jackson knew that his ambush was discovered he immediately lunged towards the three garlies that seems to be guarding the Garlelia, he then excuted his newest skill the [STAB and SLASH] the little garlie that have been the target of the skill was confused on when he was sure that his claws will hit the human who came charging towards them, he discovered that his claws was a few centimeters off of it's target and was stabbed in it's heart and died. Jackson then used [FLASH DRAW] and knocked down the second garlie and and separated it's head from it's body, then he looked back at the third garlie who was about to claw his face. He then stepped aside but was unable to completely avoid the attack and an 40hp orange bubble popped out above his head. If he received that attacked head on it would've become a critical strike and would've doubled the damage. He then used the time where the garlie was about to follow up an attack to use [IMPACT STAB] to pierce the eyes of the Garlie killing it on the spot.

Although it was just three normal monsters, it was the first time he killed three garlies within a short span of time. If it was like the game before, he could've just pop Health Potions while fighting but right now, fighting while drinking a potions seems to be out of place so he doesn't have any choice but to hunt garlies that have been wandering alone or have been separated from its group.

He then drank a level1 hp potion that restores 100hp, even though he killed the three garlies, he didn't forget that the three normal mobs was just the beginning and he turned around to see the Garlelia was yawning as if it was bored while watching the fight of it's underlings and the human blader.

'It seems like this'll be a harder than I thought' Jackson wiped the blood from his right shoulder.