Chapter 14 - Ambush

"He's heading towards the oasis, he'll be there in 10 minutes. Try to contact our brothers now." the man with a scar in his face said as he sped up outside the gate with the skinny man.

"On it, don't worry it's just a greenhorn brat that doesn't know the ins and outs of the world. How hard could it be?" The skinny man said as he took out a communication device and started to talk to it.

Although Jackson found it weird that there were new guards. But upon thinking about that he's not in the game anymore he decided to just let it go and head to the oasis where the grocer of the [DESERT SCREAM] is located.

As soon as he saw the oasis in the distance he heaved a sigh of relief to know that even though it was not a game anymore. Some things may have changed, but some didn't and it made Jackson both relieved and sad at the same time.

While walking towards the oasis, Jackson noticed that there seemed to be a problem. The place is too quite, there are no people or monsters on sight and all that's left is this eerie silence that is flooding the air.

Jackson moved forward with caution and upon reaching the oasis, he saw a house that was situated near the oasis, there seems to be an animal in front of the house but no one was outside. Jackson remembered that Eillens(Grocer) lives here with her son, she sells life potions and mana potions. As a second job she also sells auto traps to catch depraved characters, warp cards for specific quests and ring of transfer for entry to Forgotten Ruin. They live around lots of monsters but never been victimized. It doesn't seem as they are ordinary people.

'So why is it that they're not outside? is it because of the same with the other shopkeepers where they put their products inside instead of the outside?' Jackson then tried to knock on the door but then he sensed danger and leaned his head to the side and an arrow went pass his head and landed on the door.

He looked back and saw a hooded man dress in brown raggedy clothes holding a bow. After the hooded man saw that his first shot failed to hit its target, he knocked another arrow and sent it towards Jackson. Jackson saw that the hooded guy attacked him again he dodge to his left only to discover another arrow was sent towards the direction where he dodged to.

'Tsk, another one?' Jackson thought as he found the source of the 2nd arrow, he dashed towards the place and activated his [LIGHTNING AURA].

[LIGHTNING AURA]

Activation Mode: Gives the user a boost of speed for 10minutes and weapons are coated with lightning which causes paralysis and has 5% to shock the opponent's heart and immediately kill him.

Cool down time: 20minutes

Although he wasn't as fast as lightning, he was indeed too fast for his level and in a span of 2 seconds he crossed a 100 meter distance he slashed towards the archer planning to behead the bastard but was stopped by a round shield which is being wielded by a bulky guy. The bulky guy then countered by swinging his blade to Jackson but but was parried by his other katana, he swiftly circled around the shielder and slashed towards the archer, although he didn't managed to kill him but he did cut off his left hands, causing him to be incapable of drawing another arrow to attack him.

The one-handed archer then pulled out a dagger from his back and attacked Jackson but was unable to move because of the paralysis Jackson's weapon caused, the shielder then tried to save his comrade to only see his companion's head falling to the ground.

The shielder then charged towards Jackson, although Jackson can't break the bulky man's shield he still manage to wound him in his back dulling his movements, with bulky man's movements being slow from the start. Being slowed again was a grave one, Jackson wasn't even attacking his opponent's front side and was focused on his back, until he managed to drove his katana to his opponent's back directly shocking him from the inside and rendering him unable to move. As the bulky man slumped down the sand Jackson tried to slash his sword towards the man's throat to thoroughly finish him.

But when he was about to do so, the archer which attacked him earlier sent another arrow to his other leg, Jackson barely managed to avoid the arrow and was grazed by the attack in his left leg. He saw that there was a purple slimy thing slowly seeping towards his wounds and discovered that the arrow has been poisoned and then the archer shouted. "He's been poisoned, come out now and finish him before he recovers."

5 people came out of the house with weapons, one of them was wearing reinforced martial set in his hands were two iron katana. The man was dressed the same as the Jackson started talking.

"Surrender now lad and maybe I may take mercy upon you and grant you a way out. Just give us all of the Alz that you have right now and you are good to go. And take off all your equipment and leave." The man said as he pointed his katana to Jackson.

Jackson grabbed a health potion from his inventory and poured it towards the wound, closing it completely. "Do you really think you can let me go after seeing this?" Jackson said as he passed the archer's head which was beheaded by him earlier.

The smile in the man's face disappeared and turned grim. "Now, how do you want to die?" The man said as he rush towards Jackson "Kill this bastard, let's just loot his corpse later." as soon as the man said that the other four grabbed their weapons and rushed towards him.