Chapter 7: Upgrade Skill

Although the Giant Beetles where 2 levels below the Garlelia, they were hard to deal with. Because they have a high defense, the Garlelia was strong because it has fast speed.

'I was lucky that I invested a majority of my stats on Dexterity and once I surpassed the Garlelia's speed. It already lost it's greatest weapon. The beetle's caparace was hard but they were slow, which made my hunting of them easy but a time consuming one considering my taining blade broke, I only have the katana to use. I can't use my [STAB and SLASH] and can only use my [FLASH DRAW] and [IMPACT STAB] since [STAB and SLASH] is a skill that needs me two swords to use.' Jackson said with a dejected look on his face. After awhile he killed a total of 5 Giant bettles he collected the dead bodies and stored them inside his inventory.He leveled up and he got a total of 250alz as drops and 4 items which consists of the following.

[Martial Suit]
Class Restriction: Blader and Wizard Only
Defense: 24
Defense Rate: 20

Blader Status Requirements
Strength:27
Intelligence:5
Dexterity:27

Wizard Status Requirements
Strength:5
Intelligence:48
Dexterity:5

[CRUDE ORB]
Class Restriction: Wizard and Force Blader Only
Attack: 3
Magic Attack:4
Attack Rate:4

Wizard Status Requirements:
Strength:3
Intelligence:23
Dexterity:9

Force Blader Status Requirements:
Strength:9
Intelligence:12
Dexterity:12

[KATANA]
Class Restriction: Blader and Force Blader Only
Attack: 10
Magic Attack:7
Attack Rate:20

Blader Status Requirements
Strength:16
Intelligence:4
Dexterity:23

Force Blader Status Requirements:
Strength:16
Intelligence:12
Dexterity:16

[GREATSWORD]
Class Restriction: Warrior Only
Attack: 8
Attack Rate:8

Warrior Status Requirements
Strength:26
Intelligence:3
Dexterity:3

Seeing the katana, he was elated. At the least he can now activate his strongest available skill that can confuse the opponent's sense of distance, but he also received a boost on damage. He also equipped the [MARTIALSUIT] and got a bonus [Set Bonus] of +5 to defense and +10 to defense rate. He then stored the rest of the items inside his inventory and threw the Training Martialsuit since he won't receive any alz by selling it and it will only take space in the inventory he then viewed his new stats after allocating the 5 bonus stats in his recent level up.

NAME: BladeOfDarkness
CLASS: BLADER
LEVEL: 6
HP: 75/100
MP:35/50
SKILL LEVEL: NOVICE (85/100)
STRENGTH:22 (+1)
INTILLEGENCE:6
DEXTERITY:32 (+4)
ATTACK DAMAGE: 44 (+10)
DEFENSE: 96 (+14)

-EQUIPMENT-
HEAD: Martial Helm (15/20)
BODY: Martial Suit (20/20)
HANDS: Martial Gloves (15/20)
FEET: Martial Boots (15/20)

-WEAPONS-
LEFT HAND: Katana (20/20)
RIGHT HAND: Katana (15/20)

After viewing his new stats, he went back to the place where he killed the Garlelia and saw that it spawned. Since he consumed a total of two hours in killing just 5 Giant Beetles with his poor equipment coupled with the fact that some Giant Beetles escaped by borrowing in the sand.

He then killed the Garlelia which made him level up, and set up camp 200meters away from it's spawn point. He waited every two hours to slay the boss and waited for a total of 9hours just to slay the boss for 4 times. But he also gained an another 2 levels. Although he killed it for another 4 times, since his level is going up. The experience required for it to grow is also growing. He then took a look at the items that the boss drop for 5 time.

Amulet of Garlelia (Hp+15)

Ring of Carlelia (Critical Rate +6%)

He equipped all three rings and kept the amulet since he can only equip 4 rings at the same time and one amulet. After that he went back to the town to finish his quest.

"Well? did you finish it?" Gette said with an expectant look on his face. "Yeah, I did. Here's the Garlelia's head and three carapace of Giant beetles. After giving the quest items to Gette(Instructor), Gette gave him an experience potion and an upgrade skill book.

[PASSIVE SKILL : VITALITY MASTER]

Description:Increase the amount of one's maximum HP through physical training.

The amount of HP added per skill level is relative to one's skill ranking. For each skill level (rank) above Novice, add an additional 10% HP to the HP listed below (up to 90% at skill rank Transcender).

Novice: 40(+0%)

Apprentice: 70+7(10%) = 77HP

Regular:100+20(20%) =120HP

Expert:130+39(30%) = 169HP

Above Expert: 160+64(40%)=224HP

Master:190+95(50%)=285HP

Above Master:220+132(60%)=352HP

Greater Master:250+175(70%)=425HP

Completer:280+224(80%)=504HP

Transcender:310+279(90%)=589HP

"Oh. So you mean to say is that when I level up my proficiency in using skills, the Passive Skill will level up and increase my Health? Is that right Instructor?" Jackson asked with surprise. Since in the game once you level up your skill rank you will need to buy another skill book of the same name but different level. Example:(Novice=Level1Vitality Master, Apprentice= Level2Vitality Master)

But now he only needs to increase his proficiency and his passive skill will just increase with it.

"Yes because once you practice your skills to a certain level, it will also strengthen your body as you activate your skills. That's why its level will increase with it." Gette said with a smile in his face.

"By the way, since you've finished your quest. I have another one for you. Are you interested?" Gette said. "Okay, I will do my best. If it's Giant Beetle, Garlie, Garlelia, I will slay them all." Jackson said with excitement, since while he is slaying monsters to earn experience, he will also get skill proficiency and rewards from Gette as soon as he finishes it, it's like killing two birds with one stone but then the follow words that left Gette's mouth was beyond his expectations and he also leap to the sky with happiness. "Not slaying but I want you deliver this letter to Kallua(Instructor). Like me she is also an instructor, but she resides in a different place far away from here and the only thing that can reach their place in time is the warp gate at the north side of the town. If you go to the warp gate and pass through the door adorned with the green pattern of a five-leaf plant, it will take you to GREEN DESPAIR. Oh I almost forgot, your body still can't handle the burden of space and time transfer, here drink this [IMMUNITY POTION].

[IMMUNITY POTION]

Description: A potion than can help normal people that can't resist time and space elements be able to resist it for a limited period of time.

Duration: 1hour

Quantity: 10pieces

Type:Quest Item