Let Out

Xavier's POV

    "You know how to run the shower, baby?" I asked Heaven. She shrugged and tried pulling the knob, successful.

    "Okay; be quick." I closed the bathroom door and walked to the living room.

    I was guilty about last night with me and Diva but she should've saw that coming. It would take longer for me to get over Elizabeth. I knew I would do something like this.

    Diva had left early in the morning to do something and I was fine with that. I needed some time to think about how I was going to explain to her what I said.

    Alia padded into the room with a deck of cards and set them down on the table. "Wanna play Go Fish?" she asked.

    Not really, I thought irritably. But I nodded. I shuffled and we started the game. Alia cheated multiple times but I didn't care. I was so mentally distraught that it wasn't funny.

    Diva was going through so much right now, I couldn't even understand her.

    A vibration in my pocket startled my thoughts. "Hold on." I told Alia. I looked at the idea and smiled.

    "Hey, mom."

    "Boy, I ain't heard from you in a century." She started. I chuckled and wondered into the kitchen. "Yeah, I've been hella busy."

    "You know that Celia and her daughter is somethin' else." There my mom went: ranting about someone else without knowing their full business. I ran my hand over the stove handle.

    "Her daughter isn't that bad." I said.

    "Like hell. I know you heard that glass breaking when we left. I ain't talked to Celia since then. I didn't know she was a nut."

    "People have family issues. And that was a long time ago. Can we let it pass?"

    "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Talked to her daughter lately?"

    "Actually..." I began. "She lives with me."

    There was a pause on the phone. I didn't know what mom was doing but I worried that she hung up or something.

    Finally, she huffed and cursed. "What did I tell you about keeping things from me?! Nigga, I am your mother."

    There it goes, I thought. Here she was, going off over the phone. The image of her tapping her left leg and pursing her full lips together almost mad me chuckle. Yeah, mom was right about keeping this from her. But I was an adult. I could do whatever I wanted.

    "Sorry."

    "We should have another dinner." She said, almost instantly her angry tone was diminished. My eyebrows furrowed. ""Dinner'? I don't think so..."

    "Y'all...ya' know...get underneath yet?" She asked.

    "What?" I lowered my voice so Alia couldn't overhear.

    "Y'all touch base yet?"

    "Huh?" Now I was playing stupid. "Did you fuck her?!"

    "That's none of your business. We aren't together." I said solemnly. Mom sighed. "You're right. But if a hoe get pregnant, don't expect for me to take care of the baby."

    "Didn't I just tell you we weren't together? And you're already talkin' about dropping seeds." I laughed. "Well, whatever. Bye baby. I'll call you about that dinner."