Cool With It

Xavier's POV

    Diva had told me everything that happened between her and her boyfriend. I didn't like him at all. Especially after that diner incident.

    Coming home from my job working in real-estate, I hugged Diva and set my briefcase down.

   I peeled off the scorching hot suit jacket and even my button-down shirt. All I had on were the suit pants and a T-shirt.

    I poured myself a cup of juice and sat down on the sofa. "How was work?" Diva asked.

    She was chopping celery for the pepper steak that I had taught her how to make.

   "It was fine. A new client."

    "That's awesome..."

    I had something on my mind and I wasn't sure how to get it to her. But the words came tumbling out anyway.

    "My eight year old niece is visitin' from Miami tomorrow. I was thinking that maybe she could spend the night here." I suggested nervously.

    Diva shrugged. "This isn't my house, Xavier."

    "I know but I just wanna know how you feel about it."

    "I'm down. I'm gonna visit Lee after I get this meat cooking."

    "Cool. You can take my car."

    "Thanks."

    "Are you positive you're cool with it?"

    "Yep." She said sincerely. I let out a relieved sigh and let her finish cooking.

    The house was empty after she left. It felt lonely.

    I wondered where in the hell we were going to go tomorrow. I'd have to pick her up from the airport and find some activities for us to do.

    But the thing I never told Diva was that me and Elizabeth's child, Heaven was visiting also...