Lacuna

Diva's POV

I started to grow a weird animosity towards Donte. He never came home. And when he did, we argued. It was a weird relationship.

But in a way, I still had a deep love for him. I couldn't control my emotions. He always came around whenever I was pissed with him, making me believe that there wasn't a reason for us to fight in the first place.

And maybe he was right. Maybe. Or maybe he was just Master Manipulator.

∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆

Donte's POV

I woke up in the bed I wasn't expecting to. I pulled the cover off of the body next to me and frowned.

Deadra.

How the hell did I end up here?

All I remembered was going to the bar to get a drink. And then remembering Marc.

Damn.

Fuck.

I didn't take him shopping. I was so drunk that all I did was hop into the bed with Deadra and wild out like I ain't got no woman.

Shorty probably burned down my house out of anger! I stood up and looked at the clock. It was twelve p.m.

"Deadra. Deadra!" I shook her awake.

Her caramel face appeared from under the covers. Deadra opened her almond eyes and glared. "Don't be wakin' up Marc. What's up?" Marcus was my three year old son. Her weave was plastered to her face making her forehead look full of tattoos.

That was one advantage for Shorty. Shorty had good hair since her family was known for...good hair. She didn't need weave and she still looked sexy.

I was no longer attracted to Deadra and her attitude. But why was I waking up in her bed fully naked with stale beer on my breath?

I got drunk.

That's why.

Deadra grinned and ran her fingers up and down my chest. She scooted next to me and kissed my cheek. "Damn, you broke me last night." She growled. I scowled and stood up.

I turned on the shower and stepped in, letting the hot water rush down my body. I couldn't fuckin' believe I did again. Now Shorty will definitely know that I haven't been faithful.

After I got out, I put back on my clothes from yesterday that reeked of beer. "Where're you goin'?" Deadra stood up showing off her thin chocolate frame.

"Put some clothes on." Pouting, Deadra obeyed and then met me at the door. "You still didn't take Marc daycare shopping."

Crossing her arms over her chest, she tilted her head to the side. "Yo, stop buggin'. I gotta do somethin' first." I was already irritated with this woman.

"Fine," She stepped back and shook her head. "Go back to that hoe!" My eyes bulged. What the hell?

Letting my wild temper get the best of me, I back-handed the ghetto shit out of her. I swear, I think I saw spit fly from her mouth.

I didn't care that she was on the floor crying. Or that a bruise had already formed on her cheek and side of eye.

I just walked out of the damn door and drove all the way home.

∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆

Diva's POV