Chapter 5 -Willow

Willow refused to let the knocking on the bedroom door pull her from her hiding spot under a big comfy bedspread

 Willow refused to let the knocking on the bedroom door pull her from her hiding spot under a big comfy bedspread. She didn't know who it was, and frankly, she didn't care. She had enough of that day and refused to give it any more opportunities to stick it to her. She had decided she was done. The knocking, however, was not. In fact, it simply got louder.

"Go ah-way!" She shouted, never lifting the blanket. Her crabby attitude didn't stop whoever it was from entering.

These people never learn. They busted back into her life without considering her feelings, treating her like an overgrown child, who needed a babysitter twenty-four-seven. It was just annoying. She loved them, but they had no manners, nor did they care what they were doing to her.

"Sam needs some clothes. She had a run-in with Carl." Avery's harsh tone cut through her like a razor blade shredding threw a piece of paper. Willow knew her sister was alright because Avery wouldn't be there if she wasn't.

Who the hell is Carl?

He said it as if she should know who that was. Even her sister's needs wouldn't pull Willow out of her pity party. She was determined until one of them yanked her out of that bed, she wouldn't leave it.

"In the closet, just get her whatever. I don't care."

"Willow, get your ass up. I'm not going through your clothes! " He snarled.

She would get him the clothes, then get back to her self-loathing. She wouldn't do it quietly, though. Willow wanted him to know she was annoyed. She wanted him to leave her alone until they had to head for their den. Usually, she would feel sorry about being so rude, but a part of her needed to keep them angry with her. That way, it wouldn't be so hard on them when she left again.

With an overly dramatic sigh, she threw the bedspread off and pushed to her feet. Stomping every step of the way, she pulled a pink shirt and a pair of brown yoga pants from a shelf in the closet. Not speaking a word to Avery, she shoved them into his chest.

As she turned, aiming to get back in bed, he captured her wrist, stopping her from moving another inch. His secure grip hurt. She vainly tried twisting it away, but he would not relent. He towered over her, slightly bending so they were nose to nose. Willow had never been afraid of Avery, but the look on his face like he was about to take down his prey, startled her.

His deep sea eyes were losing a battle to the black abyss forming in them. She really pissed him off. That's exactly what she wanted to do. Despite that, she didn't want him to kill her, and right then, Willow thought he just might. Even if it was her fault, he had no right to grab her that way. Not caring what she had done, she kept their eyes locked and aggressively yanked her arm away.

"Don't you ever touch me like that again!" She yelled without stepping back from him.

"This behavior ain't gonna fly at the den, Willow. I'm less than thrilled about taking you back there. We have many innocents, and I can't trust you to keep your shit together.