A Brother's Blessing

From jumping into a frozen lake to kissing the cutest monster you had ever seen, you had been running in pure adrenaline. But as you rested in Sans' arms, you felt your energy fade all at once.

The exhaustion hit you like a truck. Every limb in your body was aching, and heavy like lead. You were soaked to the bone, and freezing. You couldn't feel your hands or feet. You felt yourself go limp, collapsing into Sans.

"Y/N?!" he said, looking down at you worridly. He checked you HP - 10/30. The cold had done a number on you.

You groaned. "Just...tired..." you muttered, your eyes threatening to close as you leaned against Sans' chest.

Sans' eyes widened, then jumped up, scooping you up I'm his arms bridal-style. "YOU NEED TO GET HOME BEFORE YOU GET FROSTBITE!" He said, "DON'T WORRY – I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS CAN TAKE YOU HOME!"

He looked down at you, smiling, and you felt a rush of affection for the skeleton. You reached up, and kissed him on the check.

"Thanks Sans." you said, nuzzling his neck lightly. He blushed bright blue, his eye lights turning to hearts.

"Mweh heh heh." he grinned shyly, and pressed his teeth to your forehead in a boney kiss. "C-COME ON, LET'S GO!"

He took off running. The scenery around you blurred as he rushed forward. You felt a tiny bit of feeling start to return to your numb fingers as you held onto him. Still, your whole body was chilled to the bone.

"WE'RE HERE!" Said Sans, finally stopping outside his and Papyrus' house. You breathed a sigh of relief as you entered the warm house, the heated air rushing over you.

"PAPYRUS!" Sans called as he walked in. You saw Papyrus sitting on the couch, leaned back lazily.

"hey bro." he said, turning to glance at the two of you. "how'd the date g- oh wow."

His eye sockets widened as he caught sight of you, and you realized how disheveled you must've looked. You were still soaking wet, and half-collapsed from exhaustion. Your waterlogged hair was falling limply around you face, and your clothes were wet.

"what happened here?" he said, standing up from the couch. "you look about ready to pass out, kid."

"PAPS, Y/N SAVED MY LIFE!" exclaimed Sans, "THEY'RE THE COOLEST! COOLER THAN ME!"

That seemed to catch the taller skeleton off guard. "wait, what?!  what d'you mean?"

Sans quickly explained what happened, and you occasionally chimed in to add any details. You hesitated as you got the part after you pulled Sans out of the lake. Did you really want to tell Papyrus...?

"AND THEN Y/N KISSED ME!" Finished Sans, his face glowing with delight. Your heart jumped in your chest.

"Sans!" you whisper-shouted. You had been planning on leaving out that bit of the story.

"WHAT?" said Sans, looking at you innocently, his eyes wide. Oh Toriel, he was so cute.

For a second, you could have sworn you had seen a dark expression cross Papyrus' face – his two eye sockets turning black, and empty. It was a look you had never seen before – one that sent a chill down your spine. But as quickly as it came, it was gone, replaced by a smug-looking smirk.

"wow...I guess you could say you two really...fell for each other." He said in his usual, lighthearted tone. Sans gaped at him.

"PAPYRUS, WHY MUST YOU RUIN THIS FOR ME?!"