Chapter Seventeen: Game Plan

"You are stronger than you realize."

I wiped off her tears and she clung to her harder. How could this people be so cruel to this precious little girl they know absolutely nothing about?! I looked down at her and I realized that she feel asleep, light reflecting off the dried tear tracks. She really is beautiful, and I'm not just saying that because she's mine. And I am going to make sure that she knows that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rory's POV ~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to an empty room and immediately panicked. Where's Demi? She said she'd always be here! of course she left! It was only a matter of time before she realized what a mistake she made. That's all I am anyway, a motherfucking mistake. I felt the tears build up in my eyes but then the smell of dinner cooking downstairs made its way upstairs. Relief filled my body for a second before a new feeling set in.

Shame.

Look at me, a 14 year old girl sitting in her room crying because she couldn't see her mom. Get it together Rory, you are such a wimp.

"Hey baby girl I heard you wo---- Whats wrong?" Demi said, rushing over to my bed

"Nothing, I'm fine." I said, rolling out of bed and wiping tear tracks off my face.

"Hey, you don't always have to be fine." She said softly, stepping in front of me.

I looked down at my feet, unsure of what to say.

"I thought you left." I mumbled.

"I'd never leave. You can't get rid of me that fast." Demi grabbed me into a bone-crushing hug.

She pulled out of the hug and looked me in the eyes with her both her hands in my shoulders. I'm way taller than her, because she's kinda a shrimp, so she had to look up a lot and I had to look down.

"Even if I'm not right beside every single minuet, I'm always going to be there for you. I'm just a call away, anytime and don't worry about interrupting anything, because you are worth more than whatever I'm doing. Unless I'm having sex, try not to call then because then I'd be talking to you with a dick up my vag and that would be awkward for both of us."

Demi gave me a seductive wink and I burst out laughing and she joined in right after me. I wiped a tear of laughter out of my eye and we both calmed down.

"But Rory, in all seriousness, I'm always here for you. And I'm always with you. In here." She said, putting a hand over my heart. Her straight face kept faltering into a grin, so I raised my eyebrows and the next thing I knew we were both rolling on the floor laughing.

"You so stole that from a movie!" I yelled, in between bursts of laughter.

That seems to happen often around here. Laughing, I mean.

"Of course I stole that from a movie! It's a classic line!" She yelled back.

"You are soooo cheesy!"

"You know it!" She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

We looked at each other and burst into fresh giggles.

Demi stood up with a sigh and then offered me a hand to help me up. She wrapped and arm around my waist and steered me out of the room.

"Let's go eat dinner."

Dinner.

Ew.

My good mood instantly vanished just by the mention of the word. I must of been radiating discomfort, because Demi immediately noticed and gripped my hand tighter.

"I'll be right there beside you. And I knew you wouldn't be up for a huge meal, so I just heated up some soup. It's not going to be a lot, but you have to eat it all."

Right.

Just soup.

Demi sat down at the table across from me and continued to hold my hand over the table. She had a spoonful of soup, never breaking eye contact. She gave my hand an encouraging squeeze and waiting for me to eat some. I shakily raised the spoon to my lips and felt the broth roll down my throat and tried not to gag.

This is so gross.

But broth is mostly water, right? So it's not going to make me any fater, right? So that's it, I'll drink all the broth and ignore all the chunks of meat and pasta or whatever the hell is in this bowl.

I was almost done the bowl before Demi realized the game plan.

"You need to eat EVERYTING, Aurora."

"I'm vegetarian." I lied.

She squinted her eyes at me and sighed. "We had beef tacos in Toronto, but good try."

I groaned and looked back at the bowl, the chunks of meat swimming in broth.

How is this shit even edible.

"I'm not hungry." I lied again.

"Seriously Rory, do think I'm going to fall for that?"

"No. But it was worth a try."

I stared down the bowl, but it didn't disappear. My magic skills are not up to par. I took a deep breath and started shoving everything into my mouth.

"Woah, woah, woah." Demi said, reaching over and grabbing the spoon from me.

"Binge eating is not going to help, we both know what happens after. Just take your time, I'll sit here all night with you if I need to."

She gave me the spoon back and I slowly managed to eat everything.

It took me an hour.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I said, trying to make a getaway

"Oh no you don't, we are going to cuddle" she declared dragging me upstairs, not bothering to clean up the kitchen.

"I'll be the big spoon!" She yelled, jumping on to the bed.

We talked about random crap for a while, until the cramping in my stomach started to become unbearable.

"I know, I know, it really hurts right now," she whispered into my ear," but it will pass. Your stomach isn't used to eating and keeping the food down."

"But it's painful!"

She wrapped an arm around my stomach and rubbed her hand in a circular motion.

It was actually really therapeutic.

"I remember it really hurts, but it's for your own good. I'm doing this because I love you."

"I love you mom."

I could hear her smile before she replied.

"I love you too, my beautiful girl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to apologize to you guys because I said I was going go do regular updates again but that never happened. The internet for my house broke and I don't have data on my phone, no lie. It's been painful without wifi at home during the summer. I wouldn't recommend it.

Are any of you guys back at school yet? I still have like 3 weeks of freedom