Chapter Fourteen: Batman Pjs

~~~~~~~~~~Rory's POV~~~~~~~~~

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Knowing that my new mom was Demi freaking Lovato, I knew that her house would be pretty amazing, but goddamn.

"You're catching flies." Demi laughed tapping two fingers under my chin.

I closed my mouth, blushing and gazed around at my new surrondings

Her house is rather large to say the least.

"C'mon you bastard."

I turned around again to see Demi struggling to fit her key in the front door.

"Are you seriously talking to the door right now?"

"Don't judge me! This fucking door hates--- oh nevermind it opened." She laughed and swung the door open.

Demi ran into the middle of the entrance hall-thing and stuck a dramatic pose, twirling around.

"Welcome to your new home!"

I just grinned and let Demi pull me around the house for the grand tour. After running around the house for a good 20 minuets, we finally reached the last room

"This is your room. I had Marissa stop by and set it up while we were in Toronto. I never told her why she needed to set up a room for a 14 year old, so she's really confused but I'm pretty sure she did a flawless job. You ready to see it?"

I nodded eagerly in reply and Demi swung the door open.

Damn.

This room looks like it's straight from tumblr and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

I walked in and Demi followed behind me.

A white shag rug covered most of the floor and the furniture was all black wood. There was a loft bed on one side of the room with plush white covers. I had my own bathroom connected and a huge walk-in closet that bent around in a slight 'c' shape. There was a door at the end of the closet, which I opened to reveal another side, but this time filled with leather jackets and leggings.

"That side is my side, my room is beside yours so our closets connect."

"Cool." I said and closed the door again.

"If there is anything that you hate about your room, we can change it or we cou---"

I cut her off by giving her a huge hug.

"It's perfect Demi. Thank you so much."

And I really meant it. The room is perfect, I've never had my own room before. And it's really big too.

We pulled away and Demi patted me on the back.

"I'll leave you so that you can unpack or whatever then meet me downstairs in half an hour, okay?"

"Sure." I replied and Demi started to leave the room.

"Demi?" She turned back around and I looked down at my hands. "Thanks for everything, it really means a lot."

"No problem kiddo. Now go get unpacked!"

I hung up my hoodies and jeans which literally took all of two minutes and then I made sure the door was closed before I pulled my box of blades from my backpack. Of course Demi confiscated some of them after she saw my scars, but I had managed to hide a few. I shoved one under the shampoo bottle in the shower then hid the rest under my mattress.

And of course I still had the one in the sole of my converse.

After I had finished, I went outside onto my balcony to enjoy the view and the sunshine for a few minutes. It's not that big of a balcony, just large enough for one or three people to stand, but it's still really cool to have your own balcony.

I walked downstairs to the movie room to find Demi sitting on a couch with a laptop in front of her.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"We are going shopping! Well online shopping! Because I don't feel like moving and I'm already in my pjs and I don't feel dealing with paparazzi!"

I looked at her closely and realized the she was indeed wearing a batman onesie.

"Well okay then, let's go shopping!"

Now I know I said I'm not a girly girl, but I actually love shopping. I don't dress like I do, but seriously if I was a millionaire, I'd be a shopaholic. But in reality, my orphanage didn't give out pocket money, they barely had enough money for food.

I think Demi was expecting me to complain about shopping, so when I eagerly accepted she looked a little surprised for a second before a huge smile took over her face.

We sat there for hours going between website pages and even though Demi tried to hide the total from me, I know that she spent a lot.

And don't the think that I'm turning into one of those stuck up rich kids just because my mom is a superstar, I made sure that I said thank you a million times. It got to the point where Demi was telling me to knock it off and just let her spoil her daughter.

Demi closed the laptop lid with a sigh and stretched her arms back.

"The clothes will get here in a day or two." She said through a yawn "oh and I got you a surprise. Wait here."

She ran out of the room and came back a minute later carrying a bag in her hand.

"Close you eyes." She commanded and I could hear her rustle through the bag before she stopped moving.

"Don't rape me or anything..."

"Don't worry, I'm not into that whole incest thing." She joked and I laughed

"Stay still." She said and she placed a hard metal object in my hand.

I opened eyes to find a gold iPhone 5S in my hand.

"Oh my god!" I gasped and catapulted myself into Demi to give her a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

She hugged me back and then reached behind her to grab something else.

"I also got you a laptop." She said, holding out a MacBook Air towards me.

"Oh my god Demi, you really didn't have to."

"Oh but I did. You're my daughter Rory."

"These are so expensive though!"

"And you're worth every penny."

"Oh geez that was really cheesy."

"You know it!" She said and finger pistoled at me.

We set up twitter and Instagram with the username @roryylovatoo and Demi was my first follower on both. I found Alexa and followed her aswell.

We were both quickly loosing energy, I guess from the time difference, so we both laid down on the couches and I think Demi fell asleep, judging by the snores that are coming from her direction. I moved around so that I was laying beside her and cuddled into her neck, thinking about everything that has happened to me. Honestly, I think this was the best week of my life. I got adopted for starters, now I'm falling asleep next to Demi Lovato.

What a week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter wasn't that eventful, it was pretty much a filler. I'm going to try to update again in the next few days because I have time right now.

I hope you guys are all enjoying this book so far!