Chapter 28-The Gods Interfere

Percy

 "You told her what?!" Jason shouted. I had just finished work and I wanted to stop by at camp, so I ended up finding both Leo and Jason hanging around by the dining hall. Jason had been visiting for a few months (for Piper's sake) and was planning on leaving in about three weeks. I was hoping he would mention to Hazel and Frank to come visit.

 "Shh! Keep your voice down! We were just talking in the car and-" I began

 "And you told her you couldn't wait to have your first time with her? Very subtle, but not exactly the right time when she's already trying to overcome getting married to you!" Leo interrupted

 I sighed, I knew I had said the wrong thing, at the wrong time, but I couldn't help but declare what was on my mind. Would she really be mad at me for being honest with her? Suddenly, a loud wind picked up, and I had trouble seeing as sparkly flecks of what looked like glitter, flashed in the wind as a human form came into view. Gods, it was Aphrodite. I felt like groaning, what did she want? When Aphrodite had fully appeared, she gave me a quick, white smile and walked closer to me, looking me up and down as she said, "Why hello there Percy Jackson! Long time no see my dear! Yes, by the look on your face I can tell you're surprised of my coming, but I'm here for a reason and a good reason to be too! A relationship is at stake here! I've been watching you and...uh, the daughter of Athena- Annabeth, and I've noticed lately that you've both been a little bit off! It's been driving me crazy! Even that night you took her on a date, no kissing, hugging, or any other signs of affection! And not only that, but you popped the question to her and ever since then you two haven't even talked about it! What's that all about? Please dear, confess your feelings already! Some things in love take time but a feeling you've been having for many months needs to be recognized at some point! So what do you have to say for yourself, son of Poseidon?"

 I gave a quick glance to Leo and Jason, who just so happened to be stunned by Aphrodite's long and ridiculous rant, and after taking a deep breath, I replied, "What's up...Miss...Aphrodite, is that, the feelings I have about this situation, Annabeth has already answered with her body language. The last few days, she's barely said a word to me! Now I know Annabeth can be complicated at times, but I do know when she's giving a silent treatment, and what she did when she got out of the car that night was enough for me to realize that I should just leave the subject alone." I took a deep breath, and relaxed my shoulders as Aphrodite shook her head, "I'm afraid, Percy, that you don't seem to realize what Annabeth was really feeling. I think you can agree with me that Annabeth isn't one of the easiest girls to understand, but most girls tend to act emotionless, by doing something such as the silent treatment, to protect their feelings from being shown on the outside. That is what Annabeth is doing. You would be surprised to know that after you spoke of the topic, she simply couldn't stop thinking about it, and she confessed to me that she had been wanting it too, equally as much as you. She was just afraid, Percy, afraid. So I definitely suggest talking this over and overcoming the awkwardness between you two, alright?" I nodded, and Aphrodite smiled, "Splendid, best of luck Percy Jackson!" And with a flash of glitter, she was gone.

 Annabeth

 I was waiting impatiently inside the apartment for Percy's arrival. I really needed to speak with him. I tapped my feet and immediately stood up as the door clicked and Percy walked in, his jacket in hand and his hair wild. I quickly made my way up to him, about to open my mouth when he took me in his arms and kissed me. Thank the gods, he had finally kissed me. After these past few days, we had made some connection once again. My heart fluttered in my chest, my cheeks were bright red when he finally released me, and we both smiled at each other as he took me by the hand and sat down on the couch, my head on his chest. After that kiss, I had gained some sort of confidence, a confidence I hadn't been feeling recently around him. His actions a few minutes ago showed that that one conversation was not going to make up our whole relationship, it wasn't going to destroy us, it was going to make our love stronger, I hoped. Eventually, after a few minutes of silence, I turned my head to look at Percy, his startling green eyes facing me, looking intently as I began to move my lips, "Percy, I just want to say that I am so glad that our relationship is at ease now, and I must let you know that that night you told me your true thoughts, I was not giving you the silent treatment. I love you Percy but that was a big step for me and I needed time to think about it alone. We're in that part of our relationship where we are unsure, but I know that now is the time to talk about this, to try and understand if we really want this." He smiled at me, nodding his head as I continued, "I don't know much about...ya know, but I do know that you are the one I wish to experience it with, all I need to know is if you are ready, whether it's a week from now, or three months, or a year, it's important that I know whether or not you want this too. So, what do you say?" Percy bit his lip, deep in thought until he eventually spoke, "Yes. Just, yes. I don't care when but all I know is I want this, and I want this with you." He chuckled, "Excuse the sappiness but I honestly couldn't be happier that we're both on the same page with this. What do you say we go out for lunch? My treat? Since you're off and I'm on my lunch break I'd say we deserve it." I smiled, grabbing Percy's hand as we stood up and walked out the door.

 On Olympus, Athena watched as Percy and Annabeth left the apartment, heading off to grab lunch. Poseidon walked in, a smirk on his face as he said, "Spying on our kids again, Athena?"

Athena turned around, rolling her eyes as she spat, "I'm not spying, I'm simply observing the two of them. I must admit, your son has been working hard trying not to make my daughter unhappy. Despite the fact that he was the one who brought up their inappropriate conversation, I can't believe he would say such things." 

Poseidon chuckled as he spat, "You don't seem to understand, Athena. My son is naturally kind-hearted, he cares and loves your daughter with all his might, but you just criticize him only because you're scandalized that your daughter's engaged to a son of Poseidon!"

Athena spat back, "Have you got your head so full of kelp that you don't seem to understand that that was a compliment?!"

"Oh yeah sure," Poseidon began

"And you're the wisdom goddess? Instead of being critical, our children deserve to be happy, and we seem to be a problem to their relationship. Don't you think we should reward them? They've done a lot to help Olympus, your daughter recreating Olympus' architecture and my son saving it from plenty of terrible wars. I know what they were talking about, and I think we should fully respect their decision and not interfere."

Athena sighed, "Oh I'm sure you respect their decision, Poseidon, intercourse before marriage! Pfft! How many innocent females have you done, Poseidon? Hah, well, whatever I suppose. If you're so keen on rewarding them, despite their behaviour, I'd like to inform you that I've already thought of a few ideas that you might agree on."

Poseidon grinned, "Alright then. Show me what you've got, and please, no more snippy comments about my love life."

 Athena rolled her eyes, but proceeded to showcase Poseidon a blueprint from her bag.