Into a New World

Planet Vegeta

The first thoughts one could say about the home world of the Saiyan race would be harsh and intense. The Saiyans are a proud warrior race that thrive in harsh climates, believing that they help with becoming even stronger. The Saiyans were just as harsh and intense as the world they live on. They are a proud warrior race that thrive on combat and will destroy every living thing on a planet for the process of selling it.

But not all Saiyans are like that.

A lone Saiyan space pod was entering the planet's atmosphere. It made its way into the landing zone and landed safely on the padded platform, so it wouldn't make a large crater.

When the pod opened a young male Saiyan stepped out. He looked to be in his late teens and wore the standard white and yellow Saiyan armor under a black body suit with white gloves and boots. He had short black hair and black eyes and a pretty strong physique, not overly muscular, but still pretty strong. He had his tail like every other Saiyan, around his waste, but didn't have his scouter.

He took a deep breath, having finally smelt fresh air after being cooped up in a space pod for awhile.

"Well, look who decided to come back." A voice said from the side.

He turned in the direction of the voice and silently growled in annoyance. He saw two of Frieza's men, probably just coming to pick a fight like they usually do. One was blue skinned with horns and had an orange beared, the other was green skinned and looked a little chubby.

"Came back from another assignment?" One of them said.

"If you can even call it that, considering you fail every single one." The other sneered.

"Yeah, what do they call you again? Oh that's right, 'Saiyan Zero, Arlic.'"

"The Saiyan that comes back with zero kills."

The Saiyan, now known as Arlic, didn't dignify them with a response and just walked off. He didn't need to stoop to their level at the moment, he's already too tired.

"Hey!" The blue soldier yelled at being ignored.

He was stopped by his green skinned partner. "Easy there, his time is coming. For him, and all of these monkeys."

Both of them smiled sinisterly as they made their way to the escape pods.

Arlic walked along the hallway of a facility after that little incident, thinking about the nickname that he had.

Saiyan Zero, Arlic.

He had a few other titles, most of them in a negative sense. He was called zero because whenever he came back from an assignment he couldn't kill a single living thing and he had conquered zero planets in his lifetime. To other Saiyans, it was a disgrace and was an even worse fate than being demoted to low-class, but to him, it was his principle. He may not have conquered planets, but that doesn't mean he was weak.

Far from it, if other Saiyans got to know him they would find out that he was one of the most strongest Saiyans that have ever been born. He spent his life training not just on Planet Vegeta, but also on other worlds as well. All of those assignments he supposedly failed on, he was actually training with the strong inhabitants trying to improve himself. His belief was that if you killed everyone, then there would be no one left to test your strength.

He didn't have that many friends because of that, except for five Saiayans that actually respected him. Bardock and his crew, Tora, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh. Like him, they were part of the low-class but were greatly underestimated in power and skill. They asked if he wanted to join their crew one time, but he refused.