Chapter 22: Life or Death

Start from the beginning

It took much more than in my dreams but I managed to close the hole in his chest completely before I felt the sharp pain. I let out a scream as I clutched my belly and fell to the ground. This pain was way worse and it didn't take long at all for me to pass out from the pain and lack of energy.

Monkey's POV

When I heard Laura's ear piercing scream it pulled me right out of my mind-link as I struggled to get up. My ribs were definitely broken but I pushed through as I ran to her and Fin. She had managed to heal Fin but she was bleeding from a cut by her ribs and in between her legs.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Someone Help!" I screamed and looked around for anyone. I saw a bloody but alright Kyler and Garret running towards me as well as Dr. Harper and Steven. They got there about the same time as Steven and I picked up Laura and Kyler and Garret picked up Fin and we began running to the hospital. Once we got there we had two teams of nurses working on Fin and Laura.

"This is bad we need to get her to surgery now!" Dr Harper ordered as they rushed her off to an OR.

Steven was assessing Fin and as he was checking his vitals he woke up abruptly and grabbed Stevens throat. "Fin calm down its us! You are alright please let him go!" Kyler commanded while we tried to pry his hand off of Steven.

He quickly realized what he was doing and dropped Steven who took a minute to catch his breath.

"Where is Laura?" Fin asked

We all shared a look before he yelled. "Where the fuck if Laura?"

He jumped up off the gurney and grabbed me by the collar. I winced at the pain in my ribs as he slammed me into the wall. "Where is she Monkey?"

"S-she saved you and t-they just brought her back for surgery." I said.

He slammed his fist into my cheek and dropped me to the floor as Kyler and Garret ripped him away from me. "You couldn't do the one thing I asked and keep her safe! If she or either of our babies die it is on you!" He screamed as they dragged him into a room.

I hung my head in my hands and broke down as Anna came rushing in. She gathered me in her arms as I sobbed "s-she need to be alright. T-they all need to be alright. S-she had to save him. S-she would've died too i-if he didn't make it."

"Shh, I know babe and Fin knows too. He's just really worried for her I'm sure they will all be alright." Anna whispered while stroking my hair.

Fin's POV

Once Kyler and Garret shut the door to the room I went berserk. I began throwing everything and smashing my fists into the wall. They let me go on for about 10 minutes before Kyler hollered. "That's enough Fin! We are all concerned but this isn't going to help anyone!"

"You don't understand I may not only lose my unborn children or any future children we may have had but I could lose her! I can't live without her!" I said as I broke down crying. Kyler wrapped me in a tight hug trying to calm me down. "I'm the one that's supposed to protect her and I failed."

"You didn't fail her. If it wasn't for all your help training everyone things would have gone a lot different."

I just nodded my head at a loss for words. We stayed in the room till I composed myself and went back to the waiting room to apologize to Monkey. He understood why I reacted how I did and knew I didn't blame him. Nico, Noah and Olivia all joined us a little while later and gave us the run down on everything.

Luckily we had only lost 100 people 27 of our own and the rest from other tribes and packs. The Tonrar were completely wiped out but the King had gotten away. We knew he would be back but it would take a long time to build up their forces again. We made a call to all the elders, Kings, Queens, Alphas and Luna's trying to figure out exactly what they were and to send us any information on them.

It had been nearly seven hours once the Doctor finally came out. We all stood up as we waited to hear the news. He took off his mask and said "your Queen is a very strong woman. Both the babies are fine and healthy." Everyone cheered as I hugged Monkey letting out a sigh of relief. But the doctor held up his hand to silence us. "I do have some bad news though. Queen Laura lost a lot of blood and her reproductive organs suffered a lot of trauma and she most likely will not be able to have anymore children. She spent the majority of her energy fighting the Tonrar as well as keeping the twins alive. She is in a coma and we aren't sure when she will wake up if she will ever wake up. I'm sorry Fin we did everything we could, it's up to her now."

As he walked away I fell to my knees not knowing how to react. How could I let this happen? How am I going to raise the twins without her?

Once I gathered my emotions and thoughts Dr. Harper took me to go see Laura. I don't remember walking down the hallway to her room but once I was there it was a sight I never wanted to see again.

She laid in the hospital bed with IV's in both arms, a catheter and a tube down her throat helping her breath. I walked up to her bed and held her hand in mine as I placed a kiss on her forehead. She was colder than normal and she felt so lifeless. I could feel my heart shattering as I sat there and stared at my once loving and lively mate. She was still wearing her engagement ring and her hair was braided in one long braid to the side. She looked like an absolute angel. Something in me broke as I crumbled at her bedside.

I don't know how long I was there sobbing and cursing myself. The only thing that pulled me from my break down was the sound of Monkey's voice. "Fin she will wake up I know she will. She has you and the twins waiting for her so she will fight for y'all. But right now your babies need you. Why don't you come and see your precious angels. No one has held them yet we want you to be the first. Come on man." He said as he pulled me to my feet and I wiped away the tears.

We made our way to the nursery where my two beautiful twins sat all swaddled up next to one another. I walked over and it felt like I got the wind knocked out of me when I saw their faces for the first time. My heart swelled at the sight of these two beautiful babies. Jaeger had my dark hair but Laura's ocean blue eyes while Layla had Laura's dirty blonde hair and my icy blue eyes. They were both absolutely stunning and perfectly half me and half her. They were born at only 5lbs 7oz each but were healthy despite their small size and being born two months early.

As I took turns holding each of them I just knew that Laura had to be alright. She had to wake up and meet these two beautiful angels. They need their mother and so did I.