Chapter 6

Exhale

"Your mother said she'll wait up for us." Mr. Kingsley comes out of his separate room and Dominic takes an easy step back as if he didn't say what he just said.

"Sounds perfect. But father," Dominic turns towards his father. "How about you go home early today?"

"What?" both Mr. Kingsley and I ask in unison. Horror lacing my tone.

"Head home early. After Lunch just head home and I'll stay for the rest of the day and take care of everything. Besides you've given me Tessa and like you said she knows everything so I should be fine." He says and Mr. Kingsley looks as if he's actually considering it.

"Mr. Kingsley," I speak up. "I actually strongly advise against that."

"And why is that?" He asks.

"Because I cannot run your day for you and teach your son everything he needs to know. Besides this is a family business and one should learn these things from family. A son should learn from his father."

Tilting his head to the side as he stares at me, contemplating. I am praying that he actually takes my word for it and eases my discomfort.

"Completely true. You are right." He says and I sigh as Dominic tenses up clearly not happy with his fathers response. I, on the other hand, am smiling like a Cheshire cat.

          I bow my head and spin, my skirt flowing around me, as I move quickly out of the room. Moving with quick steps down the hall and back to my office. I almost slam the door behind me. I practically fall to the floor letting our a long held breath of relief. That man is something else and I cannot and will not get involved with him. I jump as I hear rapid knocking at my door. I shoot up off the floor and quickly regaining my composure I open the door and find Nina standing there. She rushes in and closes the door behind me.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"How did you know?"

She holds up two water bottles in her grip.

"I was bringing you some water and some plan B, and I saw you rushing into your office."

"When did you have time to buy plan B?"

"The pharmacy across the street." She says simply.

My eyebrows raise up in shock.

"Oh please! Those people know me by now." She says and pushes the pill out of the foil. "Take it, it's better to be safe than sorry." She says and I nod swallowing the pill as she opens the bottle for me.

"What happened that you were rushing in here like your ass was on fire? Oh my fuck! We need to get you tested!" She says and I blush.

"No that's not it; definitely not it." I say. "But its a good idea."

She nods along.

"No but, it's Mr. Kingsley." I say.

"Is he in a bad mood or something?" She asks.

"No its just that," I lower my voice to a whisper. "By this time tomorrow Mr. Kingsley will be stepping down as CEO and his son is taking over."

Nina gasps. "What? How long have you known? Did you see him? Is he handsome? Is he like his father? I swear to God, I can't handle another Mr. Kingsley. But did you meet him?" She asks.

"Yes." I squeak.

"What's with the pitch?" She asks seriously. I stare on hoping she'd get the message.

"No." She says her eyes going wide. "No!"

"Shhh!"

"Tessa what the fuck!" She whispers. "Your bosses son? I made you sleep with your bosses son? Oh my god no! No! Tessa this is bad!" She says running her hands through he hair.