Chapter 5

"Nina please!" I say in hushed tones. "It's too early for this."

"Are you okay?" She asks rushing over to me from the couch. A look of worry on her face as I take notice of the hollowness of her eyes. "Are you hurt?"

"What? No, I'm fine. Kind of." I say.

"Kind of? What does that mean? What happened last night? Did something happen?" She asks.

"Why are you so worried?" I asked. She pushed me to do this.

"Because! My best friend didn't come home with me! I woke up in the middle of the night only to find myself being driven home by some rip off G.I Joe. He didn't give any explanation as to what happened to you and I got scared!" She says.

I'm a horrible person.

"You're in different clothes." She states deadpan.

"What?"

"You're in different clothes. Did you...did you have sex last night?"

"Umm, yes, I did." I say hesitantly. Her eyes go wide instantly.

"Are you hurt? Was he gentle? Did he force you? Are you okay?" She says and begins searching me for any wounds.

"Nina I'm fine! Okay? Calm down!"

"I can't calm down! You clearly got fucked last night! You don't even watch sex scenes in movies, and suddenly you have a one night stand? No! I don't believe this!" She says.

"You sort of made it happen." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"What?"

     I go on explaining the events of last night as I make us some breakfast, of course leaving out the dirty details of me and that man. Of course she asked but I couldn't bring myself to answer. I only told her that it was consensual and no one was forced.

"My god Tessa, I'm so sorry." She says tears budding in her eyes.

"Nina it's not your fault." I say rushing over to her placing a cup of coffee in front of her.

"I did this. I pushed you and I'm sorry that I did. You weren't ready for something like that. I'm a terrible friend Tessa, I'm so fucking sorry." She says.

I move in wrapping her in a hug.

"Nina don't you dare feel guilty. It wasn't your fault. It was never your fault and I won't stand here watching you blame yourself for this." I say and she nods with her head still resting on my chest. "Let's not talk about this anymore, yeah?"

"Okay."

      We spend the rest of the morning cleaning up around the apartment. I moved slower due to the dull ache in between my legs and Nina did notice. Continuously asking me if I was okay and if I was sure I wasn't forced. I just reassured her and pushed her to finish her chores. That afternoon we both stayed in and ordered some Chinese food watching a Golden Girls marathon. 

            The next morning as we got ready for work was routine. Except Nina didn't have a lover over so it was much more peaceful. As we entered the building co-workers were still talking about the event two days ago. People were still showing pictures and talking about the food. I found the event itself to be a little dull. Being as my only obligation was to be an assistant to my boss I didn't really have time to appreciate the grandeur, or in fact have much of a mind for. Nina departs to her office and me to mine. I get settled in placing everything down and before I can sit in my seat my office phone goes off. 

I swiftly pick up the phone.

"Hello sir?" 

"Tessa, in my office. Now." Mr. Kingsley's voice holds finality and I know better than to argue with him.