Happy End pt.6

That time, When you brushed against my shoulder, you were blushing

That time, when my best friend was mean to you, you were so noisy and funny.

That time, When he told me, he's gonna tutor you, I was so jealous.

That time, When he said, you were dumb as hell, I laughed so much. I didn't believe him.

That time, When you were sitting two tables in front of me with your friend. I couldn't look up, I was afraid that you would find it weird. But when my friend arrived and laughed, that was the moment when I had to look up at you both. He was laughing so much, standing there, next to you. You were so confused, he said something to you and you had a shocked expression. You both were so close.

That time, When you hid yourself behind a bush and throw stones, so Sougo could notice you. It was so cute, that you thought nobody could see you.
I could see you.
I could see everything,
I couls see how you looked at him. How you looked at every part of him. How close you were. Again.

That time, behind the bush, when he said something to you, you stand up with teary eyes and just walked away. He was still there sitting, looking into nothing.
I could had punched him for making you sad.

That time, when he sat beside me at the canteen and you walked in with your friend, I said how cute you looked that day. I said, that I like your smile. I said it, even if I knew, how sad you still were. You looked so tired and sleepless. I wanted to ask him why. But he said something, that I couldn't forget.
He said 'I like it too'.
I glanced at him, but he was just staring at you.

That time, when you had cute hair clips And smiled widely touching them. When you saw me, you blushed again, throwing you hands down. You were happy again.
He, on the other side, couldn't even speak to me. I didn't know why.

That time, When he wanted to show me something near the school garden, but was just standing there and messaging something to someone. I asked him, What he wanted to show me and he just said 'wait a bit'.
Then you arrived. He called your name in a funny way, but you were clearly annoyed. The annoyance turned quickly into shyness.

Was it because of me?

You both talked for a bit, suddenly he said that you liked animes. When we both started talking, he wanted to go.
Was that what he wanted to show me? Her? A girl, who looked after him, when he was leaving?

We exchanged numbers and chatted everyday. She got comfortable with me, I think. We had fun. We were close.

That time, when I took her out to different places. I always said that she looked beautiful. Always complimented her. Always came close to her. She responded shyly.
I did that all, because I didn't want to lose her. Lose her to him.

That time, when they both were studying. More like talking. She smiled widely and so did he. I got jealous again. I hugged her from behind and could see his expression. Sadness.
Why did I do that?

That time, when she passed her exam, I took her out again, surprising her with flowers and chocolate. She seemed so happy. We were sitting at a restaurant, talking about random things. Suddenly she talked about him. She wanted to thank him, for helping her. She asked me, how she could do that. I said 'I don't know, it's up to you'. She looked sad.
I was an idiot that time.

That time, when she went to the library to ask him, if he wanted to watch movies tonight.
How did she knew, he was there?
And why was he there, of all places, when he doesn't even study there?
I was there too, giving books back.
They were talking about something I couldn't hear. I think he said no to the request of watching movies, but she took his wrist and wanted him to come too, I guess.

That time, at the library, I saw that kiss. I saw the second kiss. The third kiss. I don't know if you kissed more. I don't want to know. I went to the canteen. I knew it. I just knew it. There was always something between you two. Always. And I didn't want to be the one, who is destroying your happiness.

"Just play along" I said to her friend before kissing her. She was startled. I'm sorry for that. But it was the only way. We parted and I looked at both, my best friend and the girl I love.

I explained the story. No, not the story, but the lie.

That time, both believed me. Her friend was still startled, but didn't said anything. I'm still thankful to her.

That time, When I explained everything, both were so happy. They were so happy, so I was happy too.

She said 'Happy End'.

That time when she said that, I, Kaneki, knew that nothing is a happy end.

Little did they know how hurt I am.

It was a happy end for them, obviously.
But just for them.

There's not happy end for everyone.

It's a happy end for them, but not for me.

I made mistakes. I made people sad. I tried to make someone to fall in love with me, although I knew she loved someone else. I wanted to steal her away from him, although he was my best friend. And I realized late, what I did.

'Happy end'. It's a happy end for them. But that doesn't mean it is for me too.

Because it's still not the end.

Because, people change. Feelings change.

I knew sooner or later she'll realize her feelings for him.

True feelings.

I'll let go for now.

But if he breaks her heart, like loves do, just noted, I'll be waiting here for you.

-Kaneki

The end.
Or maybe not because there is no end kekekekekekek

________________________