Umbrella

There she is, Kagura, running under the rain with her umbrella in her hand.
She won't use it. She likes the feeling of rain drops caressing here skin.

She is running. Faster and faster until she arrives at the place where she wanted to go.

Her mother's grave.

She is standing there, taking a deep breath, holding back tears, but failing.

'Ok, Kagura! You're strong! You won't cry! Don't cry! Ha! Crying who? What is crying even? Is it food? Hahaha never~ hahaha. Never. No..'

She sighed, putting the flowers on her grave.

She turns around, feeling the emptiness around her.
__

She decided to not going home and spending some time under the rain.

Kagura doesn't care about getting ill and that she is wet from top to bottom.

She is too broken to care about those things.
__

"OY BAKA!"

She was interrupted in her thoughts from a men more annoying than anything else, like she always says.

'Here we go' She thought.

"Why are you all wet? Do you think it looks Sexy on your flat body?" He asked lazy.

"Stfu idiot. I don't have time for your blabbing" she said annoyed.

"Wow. Are you in some business? Don't flatter yourself you brat."

"I am really going to kill you, if you don't stop spitting shit out of your mouth" she said with anger this time.

Sougo noticed some difference.
She would always say something against him, but this time, he can feel there is more behind her.

"Why don't you use your umbrella?" He asked carefully, not wanting her to get more angrier.

"I don't want to" she said.

So he decided to share his umbrella with her, not knowing why he would do something like this, but just did it.

She doesn't even noticed it.

"What's up, China?" Sougo asked.

"Nothing" she answered.

"Geez.. is it your boyfriend? Does he make you sick?"

"W-what? You're the only one who makes me sick!"

"So does that make me your boyfriend?" He said, amazed how smooth he was.

"Huh? Never ever! I would rather die than become your girlfriend"

'Outch' he thought

He didn't know why, but this hurted him more than it should.

"You would die?"

"Exactly!"

"So.. you mean, you'll sell me your soul?"

"HUH? I've never said something like that, sadist! That makes no sense!"

He grinned to himself, feeling somehow proud.

There is some kind of silence in the air. Not the awkward one, but the comfortable one.

In this silence, they walking next to each other and feeling the breeze hitting their skin.

Sougo couldn't get over the fact that she is so different today. He didn't know why he cared, but it didn't let him go.

He sighed "what is with you? You're so different.. is it perhaps the week of the month where girl-"

"Shut up! It's non of your business! Geez I should ask you the same question. What is your mission huh?" She asked.

Sougo was confused too. He didn't knew why he didn't just left.

"I don't know. Somehow I don't want to leave your side" he said, scratching his neck.

"W-what?" She asked.
"What?" He asked back.
"What did you just said?"
"Dunno. I forgot" he lied.

"Sougo! What did you just said? Tell me!" She said loud with confusing in her voice.

"Wait.. did you just.. called me Sougo?"
"H-Huh? What? Hahahah~ I would never-"
"Yes, you did"
"No, you should go get some check-up on your ears." She shrugged of.

Sougo laughed about that reply. He laughed so much, it felt so real that Kagura started to laugh too. She didn't felt that good in a long time and for her surprise, Sougo made her feel that way.

They're still walking. No one knows where the walk goes.

"Hey" Kagura started again.
Sougo looked at her.
"Thank you. I had a hard time and couldn't even smile for few days. Haha wow, I never thought that I would thank you" she said a bit shy.

"It's Ok, it's my job since I'm a police officer" he shrugged, throwing his jacket above her head. "You'll catch a cold, idiot"

She blushed. "Why are you doing this anyway?" She asked, looking anywhere but him.

"Don't think I'm doing that of kindness. You'll pay me back some day anyways"

'This bastard' She thought

"Never ever! So you think I'm paying dogs something back? What do you want, doggy food?"

"Dog food? Shut up you silly pig! I want your soul".

"HUH?"

And the only thing you can see on the next day is a beaten up Sougo and a new umbrella in Kaguras room.

°_____________________°

A/N: I Really hope you like it 👐
Credits to the artist of the picture above 😏
I'll try to improve at English 😥