Flourish

Wherever you're going, I can't come with you.

Whether far or near, my place is here. Where my journey stops, yours begins whether full of kindness and purity or vulgarity and sin.

I must stay.

For when I finally leave forever more you must not attempt to sway fate and hold the door. Though I'll miss you terribly so, I know it is your time to grow. My beautiful flower wilted bare, hark! Here comes the spring air. To reshape your beauty anew and recolour your petals to yellow from navy blue.

How you have changed.

As the seasons gave you no ease, destroying and healing you as they pleased. You thought once you were just a leaf who was not worthy and was too weak. But look what love has done to you-the light of your heart beaming shines through! My rose quartz, hard to break. Can still crack yet so hard to make.

I never knew you were so strong.

I wish I'd given you more space to discover yourself and find your place. But you always seemed to know more than I where you were going and as to why the world treated you as it did, this ever quiet happy kid. But still you fought to your last breath with still one more nobody knew you had left.

My Warrior Princess.

You had me so scared. I'm afraid I've started growing grey hair. As I watch you build your own life, go on to study and work and be someone's wife. I feel old sometimes which is why I keep you so near for old means obsolete I fear. I have raised you to hold your ground and to believe in yourself and man am I proud, of what I see and the woman I know-OH HOW YOU HAVE GROWN! I have so much faith in you and I know great things are ahead and that your heart will never be made of lead. For I know you deep down to your soul. My wonderful human, my beautiful little girl. And when you look back don't regret or doubt a thing because we'll be there proud and smiling.

Our Daughter.

-24 March 2018, 20:57