•P•

In darkness they had roamed, separate from one another and always calling out to one another, but never loud enough for the other to hear. Never knowing if up was down or left was right. Aimlessly walking towards some goal they hadn't thought of yet. When she bumped into him there was a spark and it was then she'd seen a shed of light. She wanted it back-where'd it come from?! And just as fast as she saw it, it was gone. She'd searched for it but only got light bulbs instead of fire. When would the sun visit her again and the light decide to grace her eyes? And like her mom opening the curtains on Saturday when she was sleeping light flooded into her dark space. It was too overwhelming to describe but to bright to ignore so she just stood there, mesmerized by it, dazed. They held hands and she didn't wanna let go. She could feel his hedart beating out of his chest and she never felt more at home. And when he held her near when she was terrified by her fears she felt safe. He always smelled like her favorite songs and his smile made her wanna smile and she got him to see sunrise. He got her to see the light. Made her feel like her imperfections weren't flaws but rather what made up her worth. She loved how he smelled. She loved how he understood her and she wanted to know him better. She wanted to know the contents of his thoughts. She was falling in love with his notes like her favorite ice cream. And she saw great experiences ahead for them, some she never told him. And she was never looking in the right places because coincidentally, neither was he. Such a rare find he was. And in ballads they'd sing together about Houses made of gold and Truces, she saw a future.

-21 February 2018, 19:05