CUSTOMER

The few days after that were pretty much the same. I'd go to school, my friends teased me, I'd blush and be thankful for my dark skin. When I reach home, I'd message him and he'll reply. There were days where he replied, there were days where he said he was busy. 

On one hand, I felt like it was just too good to be true that Sean was my boyfriend. On the other, I was just filled with happiness. I felt a bit miserable though because we had no way of meeting each other. All we could do were video calls and I had to be cautious as to not be caught by my amma and appa. 

It was Saturday today and my alarm rang at 6.00 in the morning. I was pissed wondering why I'd set it so early but then remembered: work. Did I tell you that I worked at a book/music store as a cashier? It's called The Note Book - notes as in musical notes and book as in books (duh). It's the only place where you can get the best of two worlds. I groaned and pushed myself off of bed. Cole followed right behind me as I went downstairs to boil some water. I filled up his food and water tray and he was immediately excited and charged for it as soon as I left the tray on the floor. I laughed a little at the site and raced upstairs. 

There was light coming from Suzanne's room. I pushed the door slightly open to see her groggily combing her hair into a bun. "Good morning, Suzy," I said, accidentally startling her. "Aigoooo, chechi!" she replied in an angry tone. "Neo michyeoss-eo?!" she askes, winging her drama-taught korean. "Mianhae" I replied with a cheeky smile. "I'm going to bathe, ok?" 

"Ya, ya whatever. Kaalangathale irritate pannathe (Don't irritate me in the morning)" she replied, coming out of her room and following me. I entered my room and started to find clothes for today. Suzanne just hopped on my bed and stroked Jason's hair.

............................................................................................................................................

After breakfast, I hopped into my Toyota and drove to The Note Book. It was 7:30 and I only have to open the store around 8.00. I opened the shutters and unlocked the doors. I entered in, switched on the lights and breathed in the smell of books. Ahhhhh. So refreshing. I closed the door behind me and kept my things beneath the counter. Few of the books were still laying around and a few of the CD's were mixed up. I took all the books and started arranging them by genre. Fiction, non-fiction. History, bibliography. Reference books, newspapers. 

I refilled the water dispenser at the corner of the shop, swept the store and fixed the pillows on the couch. With that, the store was ready to be opened. I flipped the sign to 'open' and played some music on the store's speakers. Recently, piano pieces have been appealing to me and I always replayed them on Spotify. I chose my favourite piano piece called Naive Spin by Aaron Lansing. I went back to the counter, sat on the chair and switched on the computer while humming along. The Note Book also has a library-like system where you can borrow certain books. I had to update the system on the recent exchanges. There were many who also donated their old books. 

The store was quiet for a few hours so I was working on my homework. I took out my Biology reference book and stared at it. My ambition is to be a doctor but somehow Bio is not my strong subject... I blame it on all the stupid animals and plants that I have to study on. We're currently in the first chap: Transport. There's a total of 8 subtopics under it so I have a lot to study. Blasted neutrophils! 

After a while, I got a message from Sean. I immediately read it.

"Good morning!" he sent. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing much. Just at work. How about you?" I replied. Someone entered the store. I looked up to see a couple of girls entering. I kept my phone in my pocket and attended them. They were BTS fans and were here to buy their latest album, Love Yourself: Tear. I showed them the section and left them there as they fangirled. To make them even excited I played BTS's latest song, Idol. That was a really energizing song. I prefer the original on though - the one without Nicki Minaj in it. As soon as the song hit the speakers, the girls started screaming with joy. One of them screamed a thank you at me and all of them started to sing along.