PROLOGUE

My mom enters my room and wakes me up by switching on the light. It's 5.00 in the morning. I grunt and sleep on as my sister wakes up. She would bathe first and wake me up again later. I remind her to switch off the light as she leaves the room. She does so and I continue my sleep.

She switches on the light after her bath and it's all I need to wake up. I grab my towel, throw it on my shoulder and head to the bathroom. I bathe for around 10-15 minutes all the time. The process is simple. Shower, soap, shower, brush and wash my face. I slip on my uniform and head over to my dresser. I frown at my hairbrush and pull away the stray hair tangled in it. I got dengue a few months ago and the after effects happen to be hair fall and man do I hate hair fall. I brush my hair softly into a thin ponytail and apply my powder.

Next I move towards my study and arrange my books in my bag according to today's subjects. I have already mentally memorized them and don't really need to refer to the timetable anymore. They are:

Physics                                                                                                                                                                                   Biology,                                                                                                                                                                                 Accounts,                                                                                                                                                                         History,                                                                                                                                                                               Civic Education.

I arrange the books and pull on my socks and slip into my shoes. For your information, my socks has my school's name printed on it. It's compulsory for students to wear the school socks (only in my school). My other siblings get ready and sip on their hot Milo. It's Malaysia's version of hot choc. I don't drink any kind of hot beverages at any time of the day. Because it's that freaking hot here and drinking hot beverages is just plain stupidity. My driver pulls up in front of my house and I kiss my mom goodbye. He stops at various other houses before continuing the journey to my school. In about 40 minutes I reach my glorious school.

~Note the sarcasm

As soon as I reach school, I'm reunited with my wonderful friends. I'm actually a social butterfly - one with limits, that is. I've got numerous circles of friends and sometimes its so hard to entertain them all at the same time. But there's this two friends of mine that I'll do anything to be with forever.

I'm so protective of them that I swear I get jealous as hell if someone else gets too close with them. Sometimes I'm scared of myself. They are Shakira and Lisa. Those two are like two peas in a pod. They're so close, they do everything together. I'm more of the motherly friend with all the gossips and knowledge, constantly around them, ready to help at any time. There was once where someone spoke bad about Shakira and that was it. As in I just went all in and told everything about it to Shakira. And then she and Lisa did the whole confrontations part. I hate confrontations a lot.

Another thing that I hate is the Mondays. Sure physics is an okay enough subject for me but the teacher can be a bit annoying sometimes. Biology, well, I don't mind studying about the human anatomy and all that - I find them interesting actually - but what ticks me off are the freaking animals and plants. So what if fish breathe through their lamellae and plants have different rates of photosynthesis? I'm not gonna cut open a fish as a surgical doctor, now, am I?