Chapter

The lights went off, and soon nothing could be seen. The game is becoming more and more dangerous as there are only a few competitors left. Many have been killed off by Mr Aldin's demons and the other filth he placed in the game.

Todd felt like just giving up at this point. Pam is gone and so is his sister, so what's the point of fighting to survive? There was none, so he walked a few steps on the staircase and just sat there and what happens, happens.

A sudden growl caused the staircase to vibrate, and the low growl sounded nearer and the vibrations came off harder. He whipped out his knife and held it tightly in his hand and slowly got up.

He scanned the darkness but it was useless, he couldn't see anything. His heart rate picked up because he could now sense that whatever it is, it was very close yet he doesn't know where it is or what it looks like.

Slippery, slimy fingers laced around his wrist, he shrieked and stabbed the thing but nothing happened. He could feel his knife enter the glop and come out as if nothing happened.

The glop shone a bright orange in this pure darkness. It opened its mouth and had rows of teeth upon more rows of sharp teeth, it growled again as slobber dripped from its mouth.

It came so unexpectedly, Todd let out a scream and wriggled his wrist free from the thing's grip and started running past it, upstairs where he turned into the very first room he saw.

Todd used his illuminating demon knife to try and see where he was. It was a music room. There were various instruments just laying there.
There was even a couch there and he tiptoed over to it and hid behind the couch.

He rested his head against the wall, great, he and Austin are the only two players still alive in the game, the only two players alive that he knows. He couldn't care less about the other kids if he did he wouldn't have invited many of them over to join Mr Aldin's children, the cult. He has no regrets because he knows that it was all worthwhile, I mean all their wildest dreams came to pass and they enjoyed every second of it. They have no right to complain now because they knew well what they let themselves into.

"Todd..."

He heard a very familiar voice call out to him, and without thinking twice he poked his curious head behind the couch.

Standing there in the blackest dark was his only sibling, his sister Lacey. She was abnormally pale but it was her nonetheless. She flashed him a smile that warmed his heart and before he knew it warm tears crept into the corners of his mouth.

"Lacey?"

He asked in a frail broken voice. She gestured for him to go over to him. He knew that he couldn't trust whatever it was a few feet away from him, but he wants his sister. After all, she left without even saying goodbye.

He got to his feet and slowly made his way to her. She just stood there waiting for him, and as soon as he reached her he stroked her cold cheeks with the outside of his hand.

"Lacey, is this you?" he wanted to know.

She nodded her head and pulled him in for a hug, "it's me Toad, "

He chuckled at the instant memories that came with that nickname.

She pulled him closer to him and kissed him on his forehead, "Todd, do you trust me?"

"Yes, Lacey, I trust you, "

She smiled and took his demon knife and threw it away far from him. She started unbuttoning his shirt as she remained looking into his eyes.

"Lacey, what are you doing?"

She pressed her finger on his mouth as a way to shut him up and looked up at him, "trust me."

He looked at his sister, her eyes looked like complete ice taking her very humanity with them. Thick black gore rolled out from her mouth and down her face as she continued unbuttoning his shirt.

She took his shirt off and threw it down on the floor and looked at him again, the ice in her eyes melted and ran down her cheeks leaving her with no form of eyes whatsoever, just two black holes in her face. She opened her mouth and in a flash, her beautiful straight teeth turned into vicious fangs and she tore into his skin.

He let out a loud shriek but she silenced him by penetrating her hand into his chest and removing his heart. It bet in her hands thrice, twice, once before it stopped. His body dropped to the floor and she watched as her brother lay there lifeless before her.

She wiped the water from the ice from her cheeks, "I'm so sorry, Todd. It's for the best. Trust me."

She told and shrieked shaking the room before she disappeared into thin air. The lights went back on and everyone rushed downstairs to find Todd's body lying in the middle of the entrance room with all the others they lost that night.

Mr Aldin gave the kids a toothy grin and nodded his head, "this is getting so exciting. Only a few remained, but only will survive. Who will it be?"

The kids couldn't help but look around at their competition.

"LIGHTS OFF! BEGIN!"

They ran off in their few directions. To think they started in double digits to only be about seven left. This was huge, the realisation hit each one of them, that they might not get out here alive and none of them seemed confident at this point.

Wyatt didn't know what to do next, he was getting tired of hiding, tired of the fear and all he wanted now was to see his parents, his family for one second. Just one measly second. But it doesn't seem like it will happen and that's even more terrifying than losing one's soul, the fact that he'll die and his mother didn't even kiss him before he left. She didn't hold him like she always wants to. Now that he's in this situation he regrets not spending more time with them, he regrets being so mean to his lovely mom and plain disrespectful to his dad. He never spent any time with his siblings, but he promises if he gets out alive he'll be a better son. A better brother and a better friend.

He has always received everything from his parents and doesn't even recall why he's in this dilemma, and worse he has no way out of it.

He was running but had no idea where to. He stood still upon hearing whispers and held his knife tighter, then ice-cold hands slid under his shirt causing him to gasp, and when he did a blue wind whirled right into his mouth.

He felt as if whatever it was clung to his bones, his organs and wore him on the inside. It walked with him slowly to another room. The room was dark but a bright fire lit it up. He uncontrollably walked over to the fire and just stood before it. Being so close to alone already was too much heat for him to take, but he couldn't move.

He stepped into the fire with his right leg and couldn't even pull back, he fought against the control, he wanted to scream but nothing happened. Soon his whole body stepped into the fire. His clothes burnt and so did his skin. At this point, it was sensitive and red, and it felt as if he could burst a vein.
He could smell his skin as it burned, it was the worse smell ever. Burning skin mixed with the smell of blood, and even the tears that came from his eyes were on fire.

He called out for any sort of help, but the voice inside his head was laughing at his misery. He felt enormous pain and yet he felt the joy the spirit in him felt, all at once.

His ash was enough to kill the raging fire and Mr Aldin called it and all the lights went back on.

____
Sorry for updating so late. Please vote and give me your feedback, it motivates me to write, especially since this is my first attempt at writing horror and I'm not sure how I'm doing.

Anyway, I promise the next chapter won't come so late.