"Come on baby." I offered Amelia my hand as the doors to the lift opened. She latched onto my hand and walked further into the lift with me, waiting to reach the highest floor in this building where it was occupied by her poppy.

As soon as the lift made an indication that we reached the floor, it automatically opened and immediately, Amelia was stepping out without me. Her hands left mine when she ran out the lift towards the desk where everyone was. I caught up with her just in time before she disturbed anyone.

"Poppy!" She waved through the glass window. Ear to ear, her smile beamed brightly as it brought a smile on everyone's faces on the opposite side of the glass window. Immediately, the one person she was calling out for left his seat and came towards the door. The door opened and Amelia jumped onto his embrace and cheered.

Poppy was indeed my father, Amelia's doting grandfather that stood by me ever since she was born. The second person that held Amelia after she was born was my father and I loved my father so much for that because he supported me through all of this. He made my life much more easier as a single mother and I couldn't thank him enough.

"Hello sweetie, how has my little flower been?" He kissed Amelia's cheeks which made her giggle,

"I missed you so much poppy. Please don't go back." Amelia pleaded, "Please poppy?" She dragged her lips down and frowned as she leaned her head on my father's chest. He stroked her hair and laughed at her plea.

"Amelia darling, you know poppy is a very busy man." He laughed, "However, poppy is not so busy tomorrow which means you get to spend the night and the morning with him. How do you like the sound of that darling?" He questioned her,

Amelia turned her head towards me with her big round doe eyes, shocked and gave me a questioning look.

"Mommy, can I go?!" Delirium filled her promptly which made me chuckle.

"Yes baby, you can stay at Poppy's for one night. Maybe two if I can manage another night without you." I said,

Amelia remained in my father's arms as she was very jittery. My father turned to me and put his arm around me while he greeted me.

"How are you Lana?" He asked,

"I'm good dad, just a little tired." I replied, "Will you be okay to go with her back to yours or shall I come and assist?" I asked as I handed him Amelia's belongings packed in her tiny backpack.

"No dear, I'll be fine. Get yourself home ready for tomorrow. You'll be needed at the office and the infirmary. We have the owner of one of the most successful companies across the city visiting us tomorrow for the department you are managing." He informed me, "Says they want to start a family."

"Oh?"

"Yes dear, we'll discuss this further first thing tomorrow but for now, let's get ourselves home. It's already late and..." he turned to Amelia and tickled her stomach, "I don't want to waste another minute not spending it with this little one." He laughed after Amelia giggled joyfully to his tickles.

"Okay dad." I nodded before I pulled myself closer to Amelia and kissed her cheeks. Amelia wrapped her arms around me and gave me a bone crushing embrace before she let go. "Bye baby! See you later, dad." I looked at dad.