"What?" I laughed,

"If you put on the radio." She exclaimed, I laughed along with her before I extended my arm out to put on the radio.

I glanced at my rear view mirror and saw my four-year-old daughter dancing like she was living her best life. Her smile was genuinely, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, even from the minute she was born. The way her dimples crinkle once her lips are lifted was just so adorable, I never knew my daughter would be this gorgeous. The second she was born, I knew she was my angel baby, she is my Amelia.

She had entered my misery of a life five years ago, only just when I had turned twenty-two and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

My baby was and still is everything to me, she is my world.

And no one can take her away from me. No one.

***

"Mommy, why do we always have to go to your work? I want to go home and eat ice-cream with you."

Amelia frowned when she noticed that I pulled up in the office car park. I pulled up and pulled my keys away from the ignition and heard the engine immediately die down. Once it was quiet, I took my seat belt off and turned to Amelia who sat at the back seat of my car in a car seat.

"Lia darling, mommy promises that we will have ice cream when we get home. But for now, I need to get some of my things which is why I have come here. Please?" I tried to grow the frown out of her cute little face. "Plus, poppy will be there..." I announced and smirked at her, which really affected the way how she reacted because she was no longer frowning.

Immediately, her frown turned upside down when he jumped in her seat with excitement and looked at me.

"Mommy! Let's go! Let's go!" She exclaimed, itching to get herself out of her car seat. I laughed when I saw her reaction to hearing the news of her poppy coming back. The next person that is close to her heart, of course after me.

Once we left the car, we were walking hand in hand in the building that my father owned. He owned this building and this business for many years now and I was so proud of him. My father was a very hard working man, ever since before he even married mom. Actually, mom and dad met while working together and just fell in love as business partners. I laughed at first and still snort to this day myself whenever I remembered because it happens to be so cliched but nevertheless, it was still cute.

This business was the back bone of this family and I was so glad that dad poured all his efforts and heart out onto it because if he hadn't, God knows where we would all be today. Honestly if you ask me, I think this is God's plan as it is everything to us, especially to me and my father.

Robert Carter was he, my father. He was the possessor of Carter's infirmary for as long as I could remember and planned to hand the position over to my eldest brother, Mason Carter, hopefully in the near future.

I was proud of my dad's work, not a single person in the office disregarded or disrespected my father because he was our boss and the head of all this work. Even our patients were eager to get treatment from my father because he was very professional and excellent at his job.

My father was one of the biggest businessmen and a doctor in the city actually. Not only did he have a hospital running, he opened a law firm for my young brother Levi, who is an aspiring lawyer, he still has a few years of studying to do. Our family has a reputation and we work so hard to keep it that way.