My Dark Lover Chapter 25

Alexa's P.O.V.

It had been three weeks since I last talked with my brothers...it made me furious that my brothers were refusing to accept Ryan as family. I was sitting on the bed having all of those thoughts rushing my head when Ryan sat next to me. The thoughts in my head left and Ryan says, "You need to talk to your brothers sometime...you can't just keep ignoring them." I sigh aloud and say, "I just hate that they can't accept you as family." Ryan lays his head on my shoulder and he says, "You and I both know that they will accept me just be patient babe." I nod my head and Ryan says, "Just talk to them." Right after Ryan said that my phone begins to play its ringtone. I pulled out my phone and I see its Riley; I was about to hit ignore but then Ryan says, "Answer him."

I answer the phone and say, "Riley?" I could hear him crying on the other side; I feel really bad for not talking to him. A couple seconds went by and then Riley says, "Would you like to hang out with me at the park? You can bring Ryan." I already knew that Ryan's answer would be, 'That's fine,' so I say, "Yeah I would like that." After I told him my answer, Riley and I hung up and Ryan says, "We going to the park?" I nod my head and we got ready to leave. I, for some reason, was nervous about seeing him; I shouldn't have been nervous but I am. Ryan grabs my hand and he says, "Relax, everything will be fine."  I squeeze his hand and say, "I know, but for some reason I'm nervous." We got in the car and made our way to the park. I saw Riley sitting on the bench when we arrived; he looked like shit.

I was the first one out of the car; I ran up Riley and hugged him tightly. It was a few seconds before Riley hugged me back and then we let go of each other and Riley says, "I'm glad you decided to talk to me again." I half smile at him and say, "Ryan got me to answer the phone." I hear people yelling and then I hear a gunshot going off; I got pushed to the ground by Ryan and I saw him grab Riley. Ryan then turned his body to where Riley was standing and I saw Ryan take a bullet in his back.

*A month later*

After Ryan had taken a bullet for Riley my brother's even Jake were doing everything they could to keep me from going to the hospital to see him. I was being forced to stay at my brother's house since the shooting. I was perfectly able to stay at home where I was living with Ryan and Jake. I was going through a box in my old room looking at photos when somebody knocked on the door. I got off the ground went to the door and unlocked it to see Riley. I let him in and sat back on the floor. He sits down beside me and he pulls out a couple of photos and he flips through them. It begins to get awkward between us so I say, "Do you have a reason to be in here?" Riley doesn't say anything, just puts the photos back in the box and then he says, "Ryan is being released today; I'm taking you to see him."

I clapped my hands together and say, "Can we go now?" Riley laughs and says, "Sure." I put the box back in the closet got up off of the floor with Riley's help and we left the house. We arrived at the hospital and we both got out to the car and we made our way to the receptionist. After she told us what room number he was we began to make our way to his room. When we arrived at his door Riley knocked on the door and it opens to reveal Ryan. Riley moved out of the way and I hugged Ryan tightly. I heard him gasp a little, I pulled back and I could see that there was pain in his eyes. I tell him that I'm sorry and he says, "It's fine babe...I'm just happy to see you." We left the hospital and made our way to Riley's car when Ryan says to me, "Shall we go home?"

We got in the car and Ryan had to give Riley directions to get to mine and Ryan's house. When we arrived at the house all three of us got out and made our way to the front door. Just as Ryan was about to open it Riley says to Ryan, "I want to say thank you for taking that bullet." Ryan takes his hand away from the door, turns to look at Riley and he says, "You, Kyle and Dylan are family to me, I would do anything for you guys...including taking bullets." Then Riley says something I didn't expect him to say, "Your family too...I and my brothers accept you."