My Dark Lover Chapter 4

Alexa's P.O.V.

Josh nods his head at me and then a guy comes out of the house and he walks over to us and he looks at me and then at Ryan. The guy then looks at Josh and he says, "Who's the girl?" Ryan puts his arm around me and he says, "This girl just happens to be my mate, dad." The guy looks at me wide eyed and he says to me, "Well, nice to meet you, my name is Ivan and welcome to the family." I smile at him and say, "Nice to meet you too, my name is Alexa and thank you." Ivan smiles at me and he says, "Welcome to my home Alexa, let's go inside." We followed Ivan into his house and then towards the dining room.

Ivan motions for us to sit down and just when I'm about to sit in a chair, Ryan grabs me by the waist and he pulls me down on his lap. I didn't fight him; I didn't even want to so I made myself comfortable. Ryan squeezes my waist and then Ivan says, "What happened to your wrist Alexa?" I look at Cody and Josh and I see that their looking back at me and just when I'm about to speak Ryan says, "I did it." Ivan looks at Ryan with shock written all over his face and then I say, "It wasn't Ryan's fault; he was going to get me some food and then he squeezed my wrist and I guess he ended up breaking it." Ivan slams his fists on the table making me jump and he says, "You idiot! Don't you know that humans are fragile; they break easily!" I look at Ryan and then back at Ivan and say, "Um, hello, there is a human here."

Ivan laughs and he says to me, "Sorry about that Alexa, I got a little carried away." I shake my head and say, "A little?" Ivan gives me a playful glare and he says, "My bad; Alexa I apologize." I feel Ryan rub his nose on my neck and Ivan says, "Ryan not at the table." I turn to face Ryan and I see that he's pouting. I try not to laugh but it ends up coming out and then Ivan says, "You want to do that go somewhere else." Ryan kisses my ear trying to get my attention and when I give him it he says, "Want to go somewhere else?" Just as I'm about to speak Ivan says, "You two are not going anywhere." Ryan's eyes turn red as he says, "But you just said..." Ivan puts his hand up and he says, "Calm the fuck down first."

I watch as Ryan closes his eyes, takes a few deep breathes and while he's doing that I kiss his nose. Ryan smiles big and he says, "I needed that." Ryan opens up his eyes and then he kisses my mouth and Ivan says, "The reason that I don't want you two to leave yet is because I want to know if Alexa knows what a mate is." I look at Ryan, confusion written all over my face and then I got off of Ryan's lap and ran out of the house. I was running into a bunch of trees when I heard Ryan calling my name. I stopped running knowing that he would catch me and when he stops in front of me, I was afraid of what he was going to do. I look away and then Ryan takes a hand up to my face and he pushes my head gently so that I'm facing him and then he says, "Do you know what a mate is?"

I shake my head slowly and Ryan says, "Alexa, a mate is a vampires other half; you are my mate, you complete me, you make me whole." After Ryan explained to me what a mate is I decided to tell him what I thought a mate was so I say, "I thought that a mate was a target picked by a vampire to drink and drain the blood out of." Ryan laughs a little and he says, "That would never happen, I love you too much." I smile at that and say, "I love you too much too." Ryan pulls me close to him and he kisses me gently and he whispers in my ear, "Want to head back now?" I kiss Ryan back first and then I say, "Yeah, let's go back." Ryan puts an arm around my waist and then we began to make our way back to the house.

When we arrived back at the house Ivan comes out and he says, "Oh good you found her." Ryan squeezes my waist gently and he says, "Yes, I did." Ryan and I head inside and Ivan follows us too. As soon as we got inside Ryan turns us around and he says to Ivan, "Can we go up to my room now?" Ivan nods his head and then Ryan and I head upstairs. When we arrived in his room I say, "Do you live here?" Ryan shakes his head and says, "Nope, I used to." I sit on the bed and say, "So when are we heading back to your place?" Ryan sits on the bed beside me and he pulls me on his lap and he says, "Don't you mean our place? We'll be able to go soon."