You've Done Enough (Ratonhnhaké:ton/ Connor Kenway x Assassin! Reader) pt.2

Requested by Borkgrape

Connor felt terrible. He couldn't get the picture of her falling frame from his mind. No doubt they were going to take her and torture her for information on the assassin order.

It was at that moment, he realized that he had to get out of there. He had to escape from this place. In this prison, he was of no use to his friend...IF she could call him that.

He planned it all out within a few hours of her being shot. He would wait for the next guard to taunt him (as they usually do.) and then take their key when they weren't looking.

Right on schedule, the guard that would come and give him food arrived at the cell door.

"I have no bloody clue why I should feed a savage like you..." he mumbled while throwing the chunk of bread to Connor. It took everything he had in him not to growl at this terrible man but what could he do?! He had to get out of here and soon.

"If it were me...we'd hang the lot of you and get it over with." He said while unlocking the cage. The governor ordered Connor be beaten each time he get food. The other guards only poked and prodded him with their bayonets but this guard seemed to want to get physical with him.

In about two seconds, Connor had taken the guards keys and locked him in the cell. He had also knocked the guard out for good measure.

"I'm coming (Y/N). I'm coming..." he whispered softly.

——
"Tell us where the homestead is!" One of the guards shouted while pulling the girl up in chains. She weakly snarled as she glared at him while he strung her arms high above her head.

"Numquam ego dicam tibi porcus!" (I'll never tell you pig!) she mumbled while her head lolled to the side. Latin...her mother tongue. Her parents spoke it and decided to teach that to her first.

"Wot kind of gibberish is that! I don't speak devil girl!" He said while grabbing a whip off of the rack of torture weapons.

"Deus suus lingua.."(it's the language of god) she whispered as she hung there, suspended by harsh chains that cut into her wrists.

"Now that word I know! Deus...Deus...God can't save you girl. It's time you learn that." He mumbled as he reared his arm back and struck her back, leaving bleeding stripes in its wake.

"Secretum meum mihi ut faciam tibi gravis Templar labore sudatum!" (I will take my secret to my grave Templar scum.)  she hissed in pain. The man continued to bark questions in which she would reply the same thing, over and over again.

"opus in tenebris. serve lucem" (work in darkness, serve the light)

——-

Connor was stalking the halls of the prison when he heard the sound of whipping. He didn't take any mind to it until he heard the language being spoken in the room.

"Tell me where your base is!"

"Numquam!" (Never) A feminine voice shouted. Connor recognized it as his companion and he broke down the door blocking him from her. He grabbed a blade from the rack and slit the man's throat. He saw how her back was covered in bleeding stripes and her eyes were droopy.

"(Y/N)...(Y/N) can you hear me?" He whispered as he lowered her down from the ceiling. Her arms fell to her sides limply as her eyes fluttered closed. He could feel her slipping away.

"I did this...I must undo it..." Connor mumbled as he gently picked the girl up. He threw her over his shoulder so her back wouldn't be touching anything but the air and he turned to the door to the dungeon.

"I'm going to get you out of here (Y/N)..count on it."

----

After escaping the jail and then getting back to the homestead, Connor put the horse outside and began pounding on the door to the large house.

"Old man! I need you!" Connor shouted as he held his female companion. She had fallen asleep a while ago and she had lost a lot of blood. The door opened and Connor could see Achilles holding a candle to see who it was.

"It's three in the morning boy! Why are you making such a racket!" He said while allowing Connor into the manor. He then looked at the figure slung over Connor's shoulder and he paled.

"What happened to her?" He asked while lifting her face so he could make sure she was still alive. She had become a daughter to him just as Connor had become a son. 

"I was arrogant. Arrogant and stupid. Instead of accepting her help, I lectured her as she hung from the window. She was shot in the back by an arrow and then whipped and tortured..." He mumbled as he ran his fingers through his long hair. He felt like throwing up in all honesty. 

"We need to get the doctor. Go fetch Doctor White after you set her on the table..." Achilles said while walking to the kitchen. Connor placed her on her stomach as to not disturb her back. He couldn't look at it..he just..he was responsible for all of her pain.

Achilles placed a hand on Conner's shoulder gently.

"There is no use in feeling bad Connor. There's nothing you can do about the circumstance now, all we can do is get Doctor White and hope she lives through the night." Achilles said while preparing some things that the kind doctor would need to take care of the woman.

----

When Connor came back with the doctor, Achilles was sitting my the girl's side with her hand in his. He could hear her harsh breathing and somehow he knew...she wouldn't survive this. Doctor White placed a hand on the Native's shoulder and shook his head. He knew it too. There was no possible way she would live through the night.

"Son...I suggest you say goodbye. Resolve things before it's too late..." The kind doctor said tipping his hat to the older man in the chair. He nodded in thanks as he left the home so he could return to his own dwelling.

Connor slowly approached the woman on the table. He could feel the dark pit inside of him opening up. This was all his fault. If only he hadn't been so stubborn...if only.

"(Y/N)...I..I'm here.." Connor mumbled while sitting on the floor next to Achilles. Despite her pain, she managed to smile at the large man.

"You...got out! I knew...you could..could do it." She whispered. It was an obvious strain on her to speak so Connor didn't interrupt her.

"I'm so sorry. If I hadn't been so stubborn, then you wouldn't.." Connor started, tears filled his chocolate eyes as he felt the weight of guild and sadness crushing his shoulders.

"Hush now Connor..what's done. Is done. I just want you to know...I don't hate you. I never have...and I will never..." She mumbled. Connor nodded and wiped his eyes free of the salty liquid that filled them.

"I'm sorry..(Y/N)..." He whispered as he took her hand in his large one. He could feel how cold and clammy it was, it's like she was already dead.

"Connor...I...I love you...remember that..you are loved..." She whispered with her last strength. She had said goodbye to Achilles already and she wanted to devote her last bits of energy to Connor.

He felt her hand go limp and her breathing stop. He reached up to her neck and searched for a pulse, finding nothing. She was gone....

-----

"Rest now my friend...you've done enough in this life....onto the next.." Doctor White said as he saw the pillar of fire coming from the funeral pyre built for (Y/N)'s funeral.