0.5

Sam stayed for a few hours, leaving around 2:30. His departure didn't stop Lily and I. We continued to drink until almost four. At that point she was plastered.

"Alright, I think it's time we get you to bed." I say standing up from the floor.

She pouts and reluctantly agrees, attempting to stand. I rush over to her before she could fall into the coffee table.

"Man you're wasted." I chuckle.

"No you." She replies, shooting me a lopsided grin. I make my way down the hallway with her, my right arm around her waist, my left holding hers around my shoulder. We get to the doorway and she wriggles from my grasp, falling onto the mattress. The springs squeak from the impact. I grab some makeup wipes from the bathroom and roll her over.

"Alright, lets get this makeup off." I state, slowly peeling her false eyelashes off. Most of her foundation is missing from her crying earlier, so I wipe off what was left.

"Do you want some pajamas?" I ask her.

"I don't know if I can put them on myself." She giggles. I roll my eyes and grab a large T-shirt from my closet as she attempts to remover her jeans. I notice her struggle and help her, removing them, and her shirt, replacing it with one of my own. I also change into a large shirt and crawl into bed beside her. As soon as I lay down, she moves closer to me, placing her head on my chest.

"Mary would never cuddle me like this." She says quietly as I rub her back.

"Shh, lets not talk about her right now." She nods and grips the fabric of my shirt tightly. I feel my shirt grow wet under her head and hold her tightly as she silently cries.

"You were awfully flustered around Sam today." I state trying to get her mind off of Mary.

"Aw fuck off cunt." She laughed weakly.

"He likes you, ya know?" I look down at her as I play with her hair.

She hums in response, her breathing becoming shallow and regular. I continue to play with her hair as we both drift off to sleep.

-

I wake up much earlier than anticipated, a headache forming behind my eyes. Glancing at the alarm clock on the floor I take note of the time, 8:57. The angry red numbers stare back at me. Lily is still cuddled up close to me, her legs intertwined with my own. Wrestling free from her grasp I fumble my way across the hall to the bathroom, quickly swallowing some pain killers before brushing my teeth. My mouth tasted sour and felt dry. Just as I began brushing my teeth, Lily walked into the bathroom.

"You look like hell warmed over." I state to her.

"You look like death." She scoffed. I hand her the bottle of Tylenol and a glass of water as she sits down on the closed toilet.

"You're leaving in a couple days right?" She asks, looking up at me. I not my head and spit the toothpaste out.

"I can always cancel." I reply looking at her. She furrows her brows, "What? No! You've worked hard for this. You deserve it. I'm just sorry I can't go with you."

"I'd offer to pay your ticket but I don't have that much money left over." She shook her head, "I wouldn't let you buy it even if you did. I take the now empty glass from her and use it to rinse out my mouth.

"Do you know which box your toothbrush is in?" I ask leaning against the sink. She thinks for a moment before sighing, "No."

"That's okay, I have some spares. I'm sure you needed a new one anyway." I begin to rummage through the cabinet under the sink until I find the familiar packaging. Picking out a pink toothbrush I hand it to her.