0.2

After breakfast Lily decided she wanted an impromptu tour of my apartment, despite seeing it immediately after I moved in. I sigh and show her around she grimaces at my five mismatched towels, and empty cabinets. As we reach my bedroom she dramatically gasps.

"This is your bedroom?" Lily looks at me in horror.

"It's not that bad Lily."

'Or is it?' I think to myself as I look around the mostly empty room from the doorway.

"What about all your cool posters you used to have?" She asks, slowly walking into the room, kicking a spare blanket that lies on the floor.

"You mean all my dumb band posters that were held up by thumb tacks?" I scoff, crossing my arms as I lean on the door frame.

"You don't even have a bed frame!" She gasps.

"No shit Sherlock." I roll my eyes and practically bang my head on the door.

Lily stands in front of my closet, hands on the door knobs, sneaking a look at me over her shoulder before she pulls the folded doors open. Inside is mostly bare hangars, and a couple plastic totes full of my clothes. I stand up properly and scratch my neck in embarrassment.

She turns her head around to face me, shock and horror lacing her features.

"Look, I know it's bad, but I'm working on it okay? YouTube isn't doing so hot at the moment and the coffee shop isn't giving me a ton of hours."

"Oh Rory.." She looks as if she's going to start crying any minute.

"Don't start with that condescending 'I'm so sorry for you' tone okay? Furniture isn't cheap, 10K subs is just enough to pay the bills."

"Maybe I could move in? Help with everything?" Lily walks closer to me, playing with her fingers. Her tone sounds almost hopeful.

"You and Mary have a great place together. I'm not going to let you give that up."

"I don't know if Mary and I are going to last much longer, to be honest." She flips down onto my bed, underestimating how low to the ground it actually is.

I sit down beside her, "What do you mean? I thought things were great between you?" I place a comforting hand on her knee, absentmindedly rubbing her leg."

Her eyes flicker to my hand, "I don't know. She's being really distant lately, barely answers my phone calls and texts.. She's being going on an awful lot of business trips too."

A muffled dog bark sounds from another room, "Hold that thought." I leave Lily in my room in search of my phone. I find it hiding in a kitchen cabinet, and look at the name flashing on the screen. Hurriedly walking into my room, I signal Lily to be quiet.

"Hello?" I answer, placing the phone on speaker.

"Yeah is Lily with you?" Mary's muffled voice is heard on the other end, the sound of traffic almost masking it.

I glance at Lily, who's shaking her head at me, "Uh, no? Why, what's up?"

"I just need to talk to her. It's about us."

"I'll let her know if I see her." I cast a concerned look at Lily, she's lied down on my bed, her hands covering her face.

"Thanks." With that Mary hangs up.

"I should call her." Lily states, her voice muffled by her hands. She sits up, wiping tears from below her eyes and sniffling.

"I'll give you some privacy." I turn to walk out of the room and a hand suddenly clamps around my wrist.