0.1

I sit at my computer, staring at the ticket confirmation in front of me. I was actually going to do it. I was going to fly to Melbourne.

I usually don't care about conventions or conferences, but there was a strange nagging feeling telling me I had to go to this one. PAX Australia.

I sigh running a hand through my hair, loose strands clinging to my fingers. I frown and shake them off, patting my legs before getting up from my chair. I glance around my bedroom, taking note of the bareness. The walls were blank, painted an off white, almost gray color. My bed, a lowly mattress and box springs on the floor, sat in the corner, unmade.

I scowl at my black sheets, ripping them off of the bed and carrying them through the house with me. My phone begins to vibrate incessantly in my pocket as I attempt to stuff the sheets into the small washer opening. I groan in frustration and answer my phone with an exasperated "Hello?" Stuffing it between my ear and shoulder as I make a feeble attempt to get the sheets into the washing machine.

"Please tell me you didn't buy your tickets yet?" My best friend, Lily, yelled into the phone. I almost drop the thing in shock as I jump at the sudden loud tone.

"Jesus Christ Lily I almost dropped my phone! Yes I bought my tickets already, why are you stressing?" I breathe into the phone.

"I can't go!" She wines, I can almost hear the tears forming.

"Hey! It's okay! I'll be alright on my own! I'm a big girl now." I chuckle as I pour the detergent into the washer, closing the lid and turning it on.

"What about your anxiety?" She begins to cry, loudly.

"That's what the pills are for sweetheart, the doctor said as long as I take those I'll be alright. You know me, if I feel stressed out I'll retreat back to the hotel."

"I'm so sorry Rory!" She sniffles and I can't help but chuckle at her childish ways.

"Hey, why don't you come over and help me pack okay? You can stay the night and we can hang out before I have to leave Wednesday."

"YOU'RE LEAVING ON WEDNESDAY?" She screams into the phone, I quickly pull it away from my ear so as not to suddenly go deaf.

"Yes, I want to hang out in Melbourne, go sight seeing or something, I don't know!"

She sighs and agrees to come over. I roll my eyes and say a quick goodbye.

'I guess I could eat something.' I say to myself, tapping my phone against my chin. Rummaging through the cabinets, I come across a long forgotten box of Lucky Charms. I set it on the counter behind me and search for a bowl and spoon, grabbing the milk from the fridge while I'm at it.

Halfway through my bowl of stale cereal, a frantic knocking comes from my front door. Without bothering to look in the peephole I open it, a body shoving past me. I whip my head around in shock only to notice it is Lily. She stood frozen in the middle of my living room, slightly out of breath and clutching something to her chest. Rolling my eyes I push the door shut, looking the bolt to keep it that way.

"What is this?" She says turning to face me, revealing a McDonalds bag in her hands.

"My apartment?" I question, looking at her with a raised brow.

"It's so.... empty?" Lily begins to turn in a circle taking in my bare walls and lack of furniture.

"Yeah, I just moved in? Like a month ago? Did you forget the whole helping me move thing already?" I chuckle at her scowl.

"You have a futon in your living room." She scoffs at the cheap metal furniture.

"Yes, it was my bed at my parents place? Remember I didn't have an actual bed before you gave me one?"

"I thought you were getting real furniture from your parents?" She makes sure to put emphasis on 'real' as she sits down on the futon.

"I was also supposed to get their house when they moved to Florida. When they decided to sell the place altogether, they also decided it should be fully furnished."

Lily frowns at my words, cautiously placing the McDonald's bag on the coffee table, as if any amount of weight was going to break it.

"At least you got rid of the cum stains on this thing." She smiles, taking a seat.

"Ah actually, they're just on the other side." I reply sheepishly, scratching my neck.

"Dude." She looks at me incredulously.

I shrug and point to the bag, "Did you bring me breakfast?"

"Of course! I know all you have is that old box of cereal. I don't know why you haven't thrown it out yet, it's probably like a year old."

My eyes flick to the forgotten bowl on the island, "Hah, yeah.." I trail off as she unloads the fast food bag. Sitting on my coffee table is a sausage biscuit, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and a egg McMuffin. She picks up the McMuffin and begins to unwrap it.

"Are you going to eat, or just stare at it like a caged animal?" She asks taking a bite of her sandwich. I smile and immediately drop to my knees in front of the table, scarfing down the food in front of me as if I were starving.

"Dude," She begins looking at me worriedly, "Dude."

"What?" I ask, my mouth full of pancakes.

"You're going to get sick, chill out." She places a hand in front of my fork, stopping me from taking another bite. I lower the utensil and chew the food in my mouth a few more times before swallowing, staring at her the whole time.

"And you say you'll be okay in Melbourne by yourself. Sheesh." Lily takes another bite of her sandwich, shaking her head at me.

"Fuck off cunt," I roll my eyes in response and stuff another forkful of food into my mouth.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

[UNEDITED]
There's going to be a couple more filler chapters similar to this one, just so we can get to know Aurora a little bit.

Let me know how you're enjoying the story so far!

1034