0.3

"Order for Lily!" Sam yells, placing the two cups at the end of the counter. Lily checks her phone, and sheepishly walked up to the counter. Sam shoots her another wink and turns around. She looks at me, eyes wide, her cheeks a soft pink. I smile at her and turn my attention to the customer in front of me.

"Welcome to The Hideout, what can I get for you today?" I ask, picking up a sharpie

"Just a small, black coffee, thanks." A smooth voice says. I look up from the stack of cups to see a relatively short man in front of me. His hair is short, dark brown in color. Deep brown eyes sparkle at me.

"N-name?" I stutter, his piercing gaze making me nervous.

"Eric." He says simply.

"That'll be out shortly!"

He shoots me a smile, my nervousness slowly fading.

"Hey Aurora? I'll take the register from here." Sam says, placing a hand on my hip slightly pushing me away. I nod and begin to fill the cup with coffee, the hear bell ring, signaling a customer. I glance over and have to do a double take. Standing in the doorway is Mary, her eyes scan the cafe, landing on Lily by the windows. A slight frown is evident on her face. She looks.. different. Not at all the woman Lily had fallen in love with.

"Aurora, you're going to burn you-"

"Shit!" I hiss as scalding coffee pours over my right hand. I grab a nearby towel and wipe the liquid off, slowly pouring the excess from the cup and placing a lid on it.

"Order for Eric." I call out, hesitating on his name. Using my left hand I place the cup on the counter. He walks up, shooting me another smile before grabbing his cup and leaving the cafe. Sam hands me a clean towel wrapped in ice and I place it over the hot skin.

"Thanks for meeting me here," Mary states. I silently applaud Lily for picking a table close to the counter. Luckily we aren't very busy at the moment, so I'm able to lean back and eavesdrop on the conversation while tending to my wound. Sam steps over to take a look at my hand as I continue listening to the conversation.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" Lily asks nervously, her gaze flickers over to me as she sips her tea.

"I don't think this is working out. Us, I mean." Mary states blandly, no emotion is evident in her voice.

"O-oh.." Lily trails off, placing her cup onto the table.

"It's not you, I promise. Things with work are just so hectic, I don't think a relationship is good for me right now."

"I understand." Lily nods, I can see the tears starting to form from where I'm standing.

Mary reaches over and places a hand on top of Lily's arm, she shrinks back, almost knocking her tea off of the table. At that, mary sighs and stands up, placing her hand on the back of the chair, "I have to go back to work now. If you could do me a favor and leave your key on the kitchen counter?"

Lily doesn't respond to this. "Right." Mary bounces a fist on the chair back, looking over in my direction. I snap my gaze to my hand and attempt to stop Sam from fussing over my minor injury. The bell rings, signaling Mary's exit.

"Go talk to her. I'm sure she needs it." Sam states, removing the makeshift ice pack from my hand. I nod and walk out from behind the counter, making my way over to Lily. She's staring out of the window, jaw clenched, trying to hold back the tears. I place a reassuring hand on her shoulder and rub her arm.

"You okay Lil?" I ask apprehensively, already knowing that she was, in fact, nowhere near okay.

She turns to face me, forcing a small smile, a few stray tears roll down her cheeks and she quickly wipes them away, "I'm fine." She sniffles letting out a weak chuckle.

"We can head over and grab your stuff after my shift okay? You can hang out here or head back to my place if you want?"

"I'll wait." She nods, dropping her gaze to the table.

"Okay." I squeeze her shoulder and head back to the counter. Sam is leaning back, arms crossed.

"I know it's early, but you can head out if you want. I know Lily needs you."

I try to reject the offer but he holds his hand up, stopping me from replying, "Go, I've got things covered from here. I'll pay you for you're whole shift, don't worry." He nods in the direction of Lily.

I place a hand on his elbow, "Thanks, Sam."

He waves me away and I remove my apron, leaving it on the counter top. I walk back over to Lily, her gaze once again on the street outside the window. She jumps and whips her head to look at me as I place a hand on her shoulder. I offer a sad smile, "Come on. It'll be easier for you if we grab your stuff before she gets home."

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

[UNEDITED]
Sorry it's a shorter chapter, next one will probably be longer!

875