0.4

I stood in the door of Mary and Lily's apartment. It's much more lavish than I had expected to be. The place looked more like an expensive hotel room than an apartment. Lily stood next to me, tears welling up I her eyes as she looked around for what would probably be the last time. Surprisingly Mary had already packed her things in boxes, leaving them scattered around the entryway.

"I'm just going to make sure she got all my stuff." Lily said quietly, almost choking on her words. I nodded and began to pick up some of the boxes, taking them outside to the truck we had rented for the day.

-

I closed the tailgate of the truck after blaming me last box inside. I hadn't seen Lily since we had got here, almost an hour ago. Worriedly walked back into the apartment, scanning the various rooms until I found her. She was sitting in the middle of a four poster bed, a photo album in her hands. I heard her sniffle and watched as the tears streamed down her cheeks. Slowly I walked closer, Cautiously sitting on the edge, placing a comforting hand on her back. She jumped at the sudden contact and gave me a weak smile, using her sleeves to wipe the tears from her face.

"What do you have there?" I ask leaning closer to inspect the pages.

"Pictures from when Mary and I first started dating. She was so happy and carefree then, not as obsessed with appearances."

I nod in understanding, slowly talking the book from her lap and closing it. Lily leaned her head back and screwed her eyes shut, clenching her jaw.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask, rubbing her back.

She nodded letting out a weak 'yeah', her voice barely a whisper. Crawling off the bed stepped into the bathroom the bathroom, touching up her now ruined makeup.

-

The drive home was silent, the only sound an occasional sniffle from Lily. I pull into the parking lot of my apartment complex, turning the ignition off. Lily immediately exits the vehicle and grabs a box from the trunk. I follow her lead and unlock the apartment door, directing her to place the boxes in an empty corner of the living room. Luckily there were only a couple of them, maybe six. They were heavy though, almost all of them filled with clothes. After being up the last two we both collapse onto my futon.

"So, I have a spare bedroom but it's kind of empty right now. You can sleep here on this thing or we could share my bed until we get another one?" I say glancing over to her.

"I don't think I'm ready to sleep on my own just yet." She looks down at her hands, unsure of herself.

I scoot closer to her placing an arm around her shoulder and pulling her to my chest. She wraps her arms around my waist and sighs.

"It'll be just like high school." I say smiling, rubbing her back soothingly. She chuckles at this and nods, "Yeah. The good old days."

A sudden knock on my door causes both of us to jump, glancing at the clock I notice it's almost midnight. Lily sits up looking at me, a confused look on her face. I mirror her expression and shrug, walking to the door. I attempt to look through the peephole but see only darkness. I look over my shoulder at Lily, who had moved to a standing position between the futon and coffee table. I open the door to be greeted by Sam holding a pizza, a grocery bag, and a case of beer.

"Hey." He says smiling, lifting his hands slightly, showing off the items. I step aside and let him in, "What's up?" I ask confused as he sets the items on the coffee table.

"Figured I'd bring you guys some dinner, What with today being a stressful day and all." He shrugged shoving his hands into his pockets. I step over and place a hand on his upper arm, "Thanks." He nods and claps his hands together, walking to my kitchen in search of plates.

Lily stood frozen, her eyes following Sam around, her face turning pink on the borderline of almost red. I lightly touch her hand and she jumps, whipping her head to look at me with a 'deer caught in headlights' look. I chuckle and walk to the kitchen, grabbing some paper plates from the cabinet by the sink. Sam laughs nervously and scratches the back of his neck.

"Still haven't quite remembered whether you put everything."

"To be fair, most of my cabinets are empty so I have a tendency to move things around." I chuckle and lead him back to the living room. Lily sits down at the same time Sam does. He scoots closer to her in an attempt to make room for me on the small piece of furniture. I roll my eyes and sit on the floor on the other side of the table. Noticing their close proximity, the pink of Lily's face turns a darker shade. Despite me sitting on the floor, Sam didn't move away from Lily, their legs were practically touching. I shoot a suggestive look at Lily who grabs a beer from the case in response. Sam opens the pizza box and grabs a slice, immediately eating it, disregarding the plates.

"What was in the bag, Sam?" I ask glancing at the white grocery bag on the table.

He hums in response raising his eyebrows. He wipes his free hand on his jeans, presumably to rid them from the pizza grease. Fiddling around in the bag, he pulls out three small tubs of ice cream, one is vanilla, one is rocky road, and one is mint chocolate chip. He also pulls out a bottle of Fireball whiskey. I reach my arm over the table, making a grabby motion in order to convince him to hand me the drink. He swallows the food in his mouth and apprehensively hands me the bottle.

"I knew you loved me!" I squeal in happiness as my fingers wrap around the bottle.

"You have to share that you know." He replies chucking.

"Neither of you drink whiskey." I glance between the two with a raised eyebrow.

"I do tonight." Lily pipes up, curling a finger for the bottle.

I roll my eyes and hand it over, crossing my arms and jutting my bottom lip out into a pout. The two burst into laughter at my expression. I roll my eyes and reach for a pizza slice. As I begin to eat it I see Lily struggling with the cap of the whiskey. I look over to Sam and nod my head in the direction of Lily. He glances over and realizes what I'm indirectly asking him.

"Would you like me to open that do you?" He asks, taking another bite of his pizza. She sighs and hands the bottle over, looking at the ground in defeat. He chuckles and opens it easily, setting the cap on the table and giving her back the bottle. She takes it from him and brings it to her lips. As soon as the liquid hits her tongue she cringes, almost spitting the mouthful out. Clenching her jaw she swallows, a sour look on her face. I reach my hand out silently asking for the bottle. She looks at me, and attaches her lips to the opening. I drop my hand, giving her a raised eyebrow. Lily shrugs and tilts her head back beginning to chug. My jaw drops in shock as I watch her. After she drinks a quarter of the bottle, she hands it to me. I make a 'tsk' sound and snatch it from her grasp, taking a swig.

"You should eat something, before you get to drunk, way to fast." I say to Lily, pushing the pizza box closer to her.

She sighs and picks up a slice, "I was on a diet you know."

"Not anymore." I smile, taking a bite of my pizza.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

[UNEDITED]

1356