Forever-7

______

Here's the next part of forever, and it was hard not spoiling it for all the comments in the last part... but... your all going to hate me...

enjoy

:)

________

Chapter Seven

"Peter," I whispered. But no, that wasn't Peter... Peter would have been dead. They didn't create the anti-aging pill till he would have been 78... Although he was the spitting image of Peter...

Yet this boy was the spitting image of him... and that's why I had to help him.

"Hello," I said, dropping down next to him.

He was in pain, it showed in his eyes. Yet for some reason, he looked at me like he recognized me.

"Let me look at your leg," I said, slowly reaching out my hand so I wouldn't frighten him at all.

I inspected the wound. It would have been made by a sword of some sort.

That was easy fixed. I just hoped he hadn't lost too much blood.

I took out my ointment for wounds and rubbed it on his leg, watching as it healed.

I loved the new technology.

I sat next to him and watched him go to sleep.

He woke up and still didn't speak.

"You alright to walk?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"Which country are you from?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

"I'm not going to kill you, I promise."

"I'm from England," he answered. I could also tell by his accent. I always liked British accents.

"I'm Dakota Slater," I said to him.

"Andrew Jones," he replied.

I shook his hand.

After he drank more water I helped him up and took him to our camp sight.

It was a good thing that England and Australia were at peace together.

"We'll find where he lives Slater and send him home," the sergeant said.

"Mind if I escort him there sir?" I asked.

"Feel free," he said.

I turned to leave so I could pack up belongings.

"And Dakota," he said in a softer tone.

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to come back if you find him."

I smiled and hugged the sergeant. One would probably wonder why I was displaying affection for the sergeant. But he was a long time friend. He understood me completely.

We flew on one of the helicopters to a little village in England. Andrew lived in a small cottage with surrounding forests. I just adored England.

I walked him up to the door.

"You can stay for a while," he said to me.

"If it's okay with your mother," I answered.

We entered the house and a woman flung herself onto Andrew. "I missed you soo much! Never leave me again!" she said to him.

"Mum!" Andrew complained.

"Sorry," she said, releasing Andrew and looking at me. "And who might this be?"

"Mum, this is Dakota Slater," Andrew said. "She saved my life."

"It would be an honor if you stayed with us for a while," she said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"I'm just going to go alert your grandfather that we have a guest," Andrew's mother said to Andrew.

"I'll show you where the guest room is," Andrew said picking up his and my luggage.

He walked me up the stairs and the first door to the right he opened.

The room over looked the long stretches of meadow with cows and horses. I could also see the rolling hills.

"Thank you, Andrew," I said to him.

"Call me Andy," he said back.

There was a knock on the door and Andrew's mother came in.

"Dakota, Andrew's grandfather would like to meet you if that's alright."

"Okay," I said.

We abandoned the bags and walked back downstairs and into a small room. An old man lay in the bed, pictures set up everywhere. Most of them of me... and some of Michelle... and all of them had in it....

The old wrinkled man laying on the bed looked at me with his blue eyes.

"Peter," I whispered.

"Dakota," he whispered back, in a hoarse voice.

______

how was that?

what a build up!

i love just leaving it their right in the middle of an important part

:)

anyhoo, if you haven't become a fan then :O why not?

nah, jokes, you dont have to

but still...

and to all the people reading this, please spread word to your friends, family, neighbours, bookaholic friends, fans, dog, cat, bird, horse, chair... about my book, because that'd be SO much of a help

cheers,

amy

____