All the groups of people gather together as we enter the building, it was just like I imagined..

We ended up going up some stairs but were told to wait in front of some doors as a teacher started to speak.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She said happily.

"Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and meet your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin." People around me started to whisper about how they wanted to be in a certain house, me Pidge and Hunk doing the same as Keith took a step back once more.

"I know it's exciting but please, settle down." She said with a smile.

"Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is rewarded the House Cup. The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said taking a step back as people around us started talking again.

But soon everything settled down when some guy stood out from the crowd, apparently talking to.. me?

"McClain right?" He said walking up some of the steps so he could up in front of me.

"Yes?" I answered confused.

A smirk crept on his face as he looked around to the other kids who looked just as confused.

"This McClain everybody, is the only wizard in his family." Some people gasped out, it wasn't a very common thing to have an entire family of muggles and be a wizard or witch yourself..

"What house would you like to be in.. what is it?"

"Lance.." I mumbled out.

"What house would you like to be in, Lance?"

"Don't answer that question Lan-" Sage was cut off by the guy up front.

"You seem like the type who'd want to be in Gryffindor." He said, some of his friends chuckling afterwards.

My eyes faltered down to the steps he stood on as he continued.

"Well let's hope you have the bravery to be sorted there. Cause you certainly don't have the brains to be sorted into Ravenclaw nor are you resourceful enough for Slytherin. And you're not dedicated enough for Hufflepuff."

'Ouch, okay.'

I swallowed thickly not knowing how to react to this sudden.. burden.

A hand took ahold of my wrist as they moved slightly to the front but were cut off by Sage.

"Leave him alone. You don't even know him." She hissed out at the guy in front of me.

"Oh, and what are you going to do about it?" The guy's Spirit Raven flapped it's wings as he stood proudly on his shoulder.

"Sag-" I said as she tried to get even closer.

"I'll rip all your feathers out if you don't wat-"

"Settle down everyone!" The teacher said as she came back, thankfully stopping Sage before she did anything she'd regret.

A warmth around my wrist left, which I had completely forgotten was there, as I turned to look who grabbed my wrist in the first place, who wanted to step up for me before Sage interrupted them.

Soon my eyes connected with purple ones before he turned his head back around to Hunk and Pidge. A light smile formed on my lips but was soon cut off as we were told to follow the teacher into the room.